chapter 31

"Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery." - J.K. Rowling

((i listened to the song attached on loop while writing this chapter, give it a try while reading this, you won't regret it))

31.

“That means we have reached an unanimous decision, yes?”

All the attendees of the meeting nodded in response to Alpha Lennon’s question.

“Great, then it is final; we will be attending the ball to avoid risking the future of our packs."

“But who is going?” Tyler questioned, resting his arms on the table and leaning forward.

"I think it is best if we attend as per the invitation to avoid any sort of suspicion from their part, which means the Alpha and a few of their family members.”

“Sweet!" A cheery voice, which very much sounded like Josh, interuppted, "My very first official field trip; I need to start packing."

Alpha Carlos, his father, immediately jumped in, “Josh, this is not a field trip. We all need to be prepared and ready for any sort of possible outcome. We have to be alert and on guard at all times, especially when it comes to protecting Alpha Vivian.”

Alpha Lennon nodded in agreement, “I think it is best if we also take guards under the disguise of family members to make sure we are prepared for any tricks they might have hidden up their sleeves.”

“Hmm, I agree. Also, you three,” Alpha Carlos pointed his index finger at Ethan, then moved it towards Josh and then at Tyler, “have to stay as far away from Vivian as possible. You cannot continue with this jovial attitude and friendship. It is crucial that you three keep your communication with Alpha Vivian at minimum and professional at best.”

“That’s understandable.”

“Aw man!”

Tyler and Josh spoke at the same time while Ethan gave a firm nod.

Josh turned towards me and pouted, “The trip hasn’t even started and you know what, I am already over it.”

“What part of,” I cleared my throat and lowered my voice to mimic Alpha Carlos, “‘this is not a field trip’ did you not understand, Josh?”

A grin broke out on Josh’s face, “’l'll miss you at the party; with whom else am I going to share my critique on Lycan fashion? Not those two for sure," he gestured towards Ethan and Tyler, "I wouldn't be caught dead in any of the outfits they wear."

I took this opportunity to observe and compare the differences in their style. Ethan and Tyler dressed in a more casual and laid-back manner, opting for normal solid colours like black and grey, whereas Josh was a whole other story.

He always dressed to impress and easily stood out in a crowd of people. For instance, right now he was wearing a funky, striped, button down shirt which looked as if it came right out from the 80s, there were two dainty necklaces which peeked out from the undone top buttons of his shirt and there were several rings on his fingers. If one needed fashion advice, he would definitely be the guy to seek.

Josh slowly stroked his chin in a thoughtful manner, “But don't you worry; I am sure I'll come up with an effective way to communicate with you.”

“Oh I know you will, I am counting on it.”

The meeting proceeded as everyone selected pack members they were going to take with them to the ball. There was a brief hesitation when it came to deciding if the Betas should accompany the Alphas or take care of the pack in their absence.