chapter 44

"Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it." - C. JoyBell C.

{A/N: This is a double update as promised, enjoy!}

44.

“What do you mean, Beta Jonathan? I just met him half an hour ago.”

“He is nowhere to be found.” Was his response.

“That’s not possible… It doesn’t make any sense. How can it happen when I was…”

My mind had travelled somewhere far, finding it difficult to process the information. An unsettling feeling settled deep in my stomach.

“This cannot be happening. We need to call him,” Leia interrupted diverting our attention to her.

“Call who?” I questioned, confused. “What are you saying, Leia?”

She ignored my question and faced Jonathan, “Beta Jonathan, can you bring me a phone?”

Jonathan looked at me for approval but I raised my hand to stop him, “You’re not getting it. Not before you tell me who you are talking about.”

“You need to trust me, Alpha.”

There was something different about the way she looked right now. Whenever I met her, her icy, blue eyes would be dull, lifeless and sunken. As if she was a moving corpse, trapped. However, at this moment there no sign of that Leia.

She seemed more alive, and less… submissive. Her fingers lightly touched the opal necklace resting on her neck.

“You haven’t given me any reasons to trust you, Princess.”

She sighed, “Frankly, you don’t have many choices at the moment.”

Jonathan interrupted me before I could answer, “Alpha, I came here because Alpha Carlos requested permission to enter. I think he is still waiting on the border. He wants to meet you.”

“Let him in,” I responded and then saw his eyes haze which meant he was mind-linking Andrew.

I walked towards Leia, stopping only when I was a few feet away from her. She was shorter than me so she had to tilt her face up to meet my eyes.

“I like you, Leia but it’d be best if you don’t take advantage of that. You might be a Lycan Princess but don’t even for a second doubt the fact that this is my territory and over here, I make the rules,” Energy and heat was pulsating from my body. I felt my wolf surfacing, which meant she was finally back. “My pack and its safety will always come first which is why you’re not getting a phone. At least, not until you tell me who you want to call.”

I faced Jonathan again to give him strict orders. “Beta, make sure she doesn’t get a phone and that she stays in her room.”

The remaining order was mind-linked to him since I didn’t want her to hear.

“Place a guard outside her room, and make sure her guards don’t notice anything different. Also, put someone trustworthy in the room to keep watch.”

After this, I headed out to meet Alpha Carlos who stood outside the pack-house with my father.

“You were the last to see him,” Alpha Carlos ran towards me, his strong hands holding my shoulders firmly. “Where is my son?” he pleaded, on the verge of tears. “Where is he, Vivian?”

“Alpha Carlos, calm down.” I held his arms, “He was inside his house when I left him. It has almost been an hour since I left,” I answered, “Did you check everywhere?”