chapter 40

"Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten." - Lilo and Stitch

{A/N: IMPORTANT: this is a double update! don't forget to read the previous chapter first!}

40.

I woke up in my bed. The bright light from underneath the curtains confirmed that it was the next day. Stretching my arms and legs, I tried to piece the last night in my head. How exactly did I come up here?

Turning to the side, I saw the creases on the bed-sheet and a dent in the pillow next to mine, as if someone had slept there. It could've been done by a sleepy me during the night but the lingering woodsy smell suggested otherwise. And so did the change in my clothes.

I shook my head, a stupid smile forming on my face.

For his sake, I hope he got someone else to change my clothes.

"For my sake, I hope he did." My wolf shot back.

I checked the time – 9:42 am.

It's too early for you to be horny, go back to sleep.

The playful smile on my face soon disappeared when the subject of my fears returned. Immediately, I opened up the mind-link.

"Mom, how's Dad?"

"Come and see for yourself." She replied back, the tone of her voice sound lighter and happier, the way it used to sound before everything happened.

Hearing that managed to ease off some of my anxiety and gave me a new surge of energy. As I was about to get off the bed, something on the side table caught my eye.

It was a small, cute stuffed toy – a wolf to be exact.

Next to it was a notepad I always kept next to my bedside, the top page of it scrawled with black ink:

Never pegged you for someone who would snore.

Shit. I snored?

"Continue reading, Snora the Explorer," Her Highness called out.

Alright, alright...

Won this little one for you yesterday. Somehow, forgot to give it to you when you were awake. I blame those pups.

Hope you don't mind the fact that I decided to name it Freddie.

He's never going to let that joke down, is he?

"Nope," she confirmed.

P.S. Never pegged myself to be someone who would EVER find snoring cute.

E. S.

The last line made me laugh.

I grabbed the wol– Freddie off the side table and brought it to my eye-level, "Welcome to your new home, my Queen."

After making my bed, I placed Freddie right in the center, and then made my way to the bathroom when a strange difference in my room stopped me dead in my tracks.

What was it, what was it, what –

My eyes fell on my vanity table and everything fell together.

Ethan had bloody cleaned my room!

Even when I told him that I was joking, he actually went on and managed to organize not only my vanity but also the clothes that I had discarded on the floor while getting ready for the carnival. All of my makeup was stored in its containers and the perfume bottles were organized from tallest to shortest. The clothes were folded neatly and placed on the chair next to the vanity.