chapter 43

"To err is human, to forgive, divine." - Alexander Pope

{RECAP: Princess Leia came over to Vivian's pack for a few days. Josh held a party to show Leia that Tyler is her mate but that backfired because Tyler did not feel her mate bond. Vivian went into heat. Ethan and Vivian had sex but they haven't marked each other yet.}

43.

The sound of rain pattering against the small window on the roof woke me up.

Ethan was not in the room so I decided to take this opportunity to freshen myself up. I still felt quite sore from last night but fortunately, this time I had enough strength to stand up and walk.

Getting up from the bed, I almost let out a scream when my eyes met my own in the painting which sat by the wall - of my wolf and I. The greys and blacks cutting with flashes of brown and ambers.

I don't think I will ever get over how beautiful it was.

Once inside the bathroom, I found a new toothbrush, a towel and a white, floral sundress on the counter already waiting for me.

Where did he get all of this? Did he already knew this was going to happen or was someone else... no.

Shut up, Vivian.

After the shower, I went to search for mate which turned into me giving myself a tour of the small cabin. I finally found him out in the backyard, dressed in black sweatpants and a fitted black t-shirt, busy decorating a table under a shaded patio. Upon closer inspection, my eyes fell on the table and found an array of breakfast dishes resting on the table.

My mouth watered instantly.

There is no way he made all of that.

"Good morning, la mia luce," His voice effectively broke my staring contest with the table. When I turned to look at him, he gave me a smile and then gestured towards the table, "I...uh... didn't know what you liked for breakfast so I made... a little bit of everything." (my light)

My mouth dropped open.

"You made all of this? Like... today? Right now?"

He nodded, a confused expression on his face.

I walked closer to the table and let out a low whistle. Waffles, pancakes, bacon, breakfast sandwiches, fruits, French toast, cereal... you name it, it was there.

"You have got to be joking me..."

He stepped closer to me, worried eyes scanning the table, "Do you not like it?" he frowned, "I'm sorry, I told Aiden that this was not enough but that idiot said that any more food on the table and you'd be floating like Violet Beauregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." He let out a loud sigh, "Never mind what that idiot said. Is there something else you want? I'll cook it for you. Just give me a few minutes and I'll-"

I shut him up with a kiss.

"That 'idiot' beta of yours is right. This is more than enough, Ethan. Thank you."

The confusion in his stormy, grey eyes vanished and turned into happiness.

"Let's eat," He pulled out a chair for me, surprising me with the gesture, and then sat on the opposite side of me.

It was a beautiful morning; the steady rain a peaceful backdrop to our breakfast. The summer flowers and leaves drooping under the weight of the droplets, the gentle breeze making the trees dance.

A slow smile crept on my face. Something about the rain had me more relaxed than I've been in days and I was in no hurry for the clouds to vanish, and for me to return to the harsh reality.