chapter 15 | part 2

"Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word." - George R. R. Martin   

15.

"I am sorry, did you just say they want me dead?"

He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh. My wolf could sense that he was trying to control his anger. I watched as he bit his lip before cursing under his breath, it seemed like there was an internal battle raging inside him. 

After a long pause, he managed to utter out a "Yes".

My reply came without any hesitation, "Why?"

My wolf was feeling uneasy but I could not pinpoint why.

A muscle in his jaw twitched. He opened his eyes but focused his attention ahead, his eyes resting on the door behind me. "You are a female-blooded Alpha."

I stared at him doubtfully, "So what if I am? There were many female-blooded Alphas before me."

"But none of them had an Alpha as their mate."

I shot him a dry look, "Yeah, your point?"

He thought for a moment and then looked straight at me. His gaze intense and dark. A tingling sensation began within me. It wasn't that strong, but I could feel it make its way up my legs and spread to the rest of my body.

All because he looked at me.

What is happening?

"When a female Alpha and a male Alpha mate, what are their offspring," he paused, a tiny smile forming on his face but it disappeared as soon as it appeared, "categorised as?"

I thought about it for a moment. This was something we were taught in high school - "It is extremely rare for an offspring to have both Alpha-blooded parents, the chance of it happening is extremely low. But if it happens, the offspring will have pure Alpha blood which will make him or her a..." I knew it now, they were called -

"Royals."

Something sparked in his eyes, "Yes, and Royal have the birthright to rule over all of the wolves - even Lycans. Currently, Lycans are the one who are in control of all the wolves, they don't want their rule to end - so they have their eyes on you. As soon as they find out we are bonded, one of us is dead. Most probably you because you are the one who will bring ou- the child into the world."

My stomach dropped and I quickly covered my mouth to stifle the gasp threatening to escape. I was speechless. From the day I started this Academy, my life has taken a 360° turn. My mind was sent reeling, unable to comprehend or process the epiphany that dawned on me.

My mouth opened and closed like a fish, forming no coherent response. But I didn't have to worry because Ethan beat me to it.

"I won't let that happen," he stepped forward, his black eyes drilling into mine. "I swear on my life, no harm will ever come to you. " I stared at him, soaking in the warmth of his eyes. 

Tears began to form in my eyes. "But we rejected each other. Even if they do find out, they'll see that we have moved on."

"Il mio amore, you have been kept under for so long." He walked closer and cupped my face, "I never rejected you." (My love)

What?

+++

"Don't get your hopes up. I am just dancing with you to tell you something," he started, his grey eyes looked fiercely into my hazel.

I raised one of my eyebrows, asking him to continue.

I wish I never asked him to continue because the next few sentences knocked the breath out of my body.

"I don't want to be your mate. I never liked you so don't expect me to automatically shift feelings for you since you are my mate, which you're not and never will be.....I don't accept you, Vivian." Ethan continued, not hesitating a bit.

It felt as if he had prepared this speech for a very long time. I felt tears pooling in my eyes. In all my years in high school, I never once cried in front of Ethan so I quickly closed my eyes in an attempt to stop the tears from coming out. I will not give him the pleasure of seeing me cry.

"But how could he say such things? How could our mate be so rude." My wolf cried out, absolutely devastated at being rejected.

I closed my eyes and took a breath.

You can do this, Vivian. You have to be strong. For your wolf and for yourself. Come on baby, you can do it!

"You know what Ethan," I interrupted him as I spat, "I fuvking despise you too. I don't want to accept a jerk as a mate either. You're the worst human and wolf I've come across. I hope you have a terrible life in the future since you absolutely deserve it. To hell with you, go fuvk yourself!" I pushed at his chest so he could let me go.

"Vivi-"

"Don't you dare say my name from that disgusting tongue of yours....I, Vivian Nikolas Alejandro, reject you, Ethan Chris Salvador as my better half, my mate. Good fuvking bye!"

+++

I felt lost in his lies. The only thing that was there after searching for so long was the betrayal.  I felt utterly sick. My heart felt as if it had been stabbed hundred times, my head spun with melancholy and anger. Salty tears welled in my eyes. It felt as if my brain was being shredded from the inside. Emotional pain flowed out of every pore. The whole world had vanished for me, now there was only pain beyond recognition.

His eyes were fixated on mine, his hands still cupping my face, "Vivian, talk to-"

"You-u did it on-" I choked on a sob, letting a few traitorous tears slip. "On...purpose?" 

"Baby, I ha-"

My hand came in contact with his cheek, "Fuvk you, Ethan."

"Don't do this, darling. Please understand me."

"Understand what, Ethan?! What?" Anger, fury, rage consumed me as I let out a loud growl, "Understand that you knew we were mates since we were in school? That you bullied me even after that? Your OWN mate? How could your wolf allow that?" My knees went weak but I tried to stay upright, "You know what - screw that. The only thing we want to know is that even after all of this pretend-show, how could you....cheat on us? That too, on the day we found out that you were ours?"

I was full on sobbing now. I did not care that he could see me crying. All of the emotions came pouring out. It hurt so damn much. The pain and anxiety deadened my mind and body. 

"Don't cry, please.....I can't see you like this. Baby, plea-"

I cut in, "Just. Answer. My. Question."

His face gave it away. Defeat was evident on his face. He had no answer.

"I had a moment of weakness, I have no justification except for the fact that I am sorry and if I had the chance, I would have never done it."

I looked towards the ceiling to stop any more tears from escaping. The insanity of the circumstance made me laugh, "But that's the thing, baby - you did it."

That's when the first tear dropped from his eyes.

A sad smile surfaced my face, "Goodbye, Ethan."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you for 6k reads! Sorry for being late, exams and deadlines have taken over my life. Hope you all forgive me. 

Anyways, here was the other half of the chapter. The truth is finally out, but it wasn't received that well by our Vivian. What do you think will happen next?

Hope you all enjoyed.  

Please VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE since it is the only way I know that you all are enjoying this book and want to read more. 

Until then, have a great day. x