2nd And 3rd Day At Work

As Bela decided, the next day she went to meet with Mia.

She didn't know where, of course, before coincidentally bumping into Alan in one of the halls.

She asked where Mia was and Alan refused to say where.

But unbeknownst to him, she followed where he went. And, yes, she got strange looks from the other employees and scientists, but that didn't stop her from trying to meet with the Winters.

So, after a few minutes of following Alan, he arrived in a room. It turns out he already knew she was there but still continued saying it was urgent.

She shrugged it off and approached Mia where she was, reading a small paper, kind of like a receipt.

-----

"Hey, Mia." she said as she stopped in front of the woman. She looked up at her.

"Bela? What are you doing here?"

Did she not notice me?

Bela shrugged again. "I just wanted to ask you some questions. If you don't mind, of course,"

Mia only nodded, putting the paper down.

"What do you want to ask me about?" Mia asked, earning a back glance from Bela. Well, not at her, but at Alan.

Alan looked slightly suspicious of them staring at him because Mia's eyes also went to his figure due to Bela's own gaze.

Bela only shook her head and beckoned Mia to follow her to another hall wordlessly. Mia followed, even though Alan's burning gaze told her not to.

-----

"I've been meaning to ask," Bela started. Mia listened.

"What's the purpose of Connections?"

Mia looked like she saw a ghost.

She does because she knows all scientists and employees know what it's about before applying. How did Bela manage to join without knowing?

Ah. Of course. Miranda.

She didn't consider Miranda's involvement. How can she be so dumb? Of course Miranda has something to do with this. She had always been strict, mean even.

"Uh..." she was trying to come up with an explanation, but it already expired in her mind. She can't say it verbally.

"Well..." she glanced at Bela, the blonde giving her a curious look.

"Well, follow me. I'll explain after we get to where I want." Mia says after a long pause. Bela nods and as soon as Mia started walking, Bela followed.

-----

"What is this place?" Bela asked as she eyed the infants in the small pill-shaped containers.

Mia didn't look at the babies and only stared in front of her.

"This is where all of it starts." she says. Bela raises an eyebrow, directly implying what are you talking about?

Mia inhales, and then exhales. She could feel Bela turning impatient.

"You see, the Connections is trying to create a bioweapon."

Bela squints her eyes at her. "What does that have to do with these... Babies?"

Mia glances at one child, "They are using these children to create a bioweapon by experimenting on them."

Bela nods at a realization.

"And Miranda gave something to the head to give to a new child." she continued. Bela paused in her steps.