Before I Go

Before Bela left for the airport again, the BSAA, the Bioterorrism Security Assessment Alliance, which she found out were the ones who took them from the Ranch, told them of their plans.

They were all tested again before they left and because of the cure Ethan found and made, and the 'ultimate cure' Mia gave her, they were all negative for any other infections.

Luckily, they allowed Bela to leave again.

Mia didn't seem pleased with this at all.

The BSAA planned to relocate Ethan and Mia to Romania, and of course, it was to keep a close eye on them.

But they let Bela leave.

Bela was suspicious, obviously, but it was stated that because she was given the syringe Mia gave her, she was already perfectly healthy of the mold.

...

Sure.

Other than that, Ethan didn't seem to mind her leaving. Not that he knew much about Bela when Mia and her first met.

Mia explained to her before she left that she only gave Bela half of the syringe's contents and the other half was for Eveline which is why it didn't kill her off completely and instead mutated her to her true form.

So I was right that Mia used only half on me.

The BSAA seem to be clueless. And Mia probably didn't tell them.

Is that why they let me go? Because they don't know Mia only used half of its contents on me?

Then doesn't that mean I still have the mold?

...

Even so, I was right to think that the giant mold creature was Eveline.

Mia also said that she was cured by Ethan.

But Bela's mind wasn't lingering on that information.

But then that only means Miranda no longer has a suitable vessel for her Eva...

...

Mia told her more about what happened, starting from when she was saved from the crash three years ago in October by the same family and that Eveline was, as well.

And that night was when it started. And because Mia's memories were altered mainly because of Eveline's mold, she also doesn't know the exact date.

She also said Alan was killed by Eveline's mold prior to the crash.

Mia, Bela noticed, seemed hesitant and uncomfortable while explaining. But since Ethan was around, she needed to tell the truth to not risk their marriage.

But, maybe they aggravated Eveline, and she just wrecked the ship further as there was already a storm going on - is what Mia said while continuing.

But Bela knows fairly well most of the blame is on Mia. The woman lied to the child and that only made the child sicker.

Bela still doesn't know where the 'family obsession' came from. But it most likely came from all those experiments.

She feels bad for Eveline. They did her wrong, but so did she to them.

She literally mind controlled the Baker family for God's sake, and made them abduct people close enough to their property to either make them new additions or to torture them.

She doesn't know why they would want to torture them...

It also turns out that Lucas Baker, the hooded guy, wasn't infected but kept the limb regeneration and also worked for Connections as an experimentor and or observator of Eveline's condition.

Bela was also told that Eveline ages twenty-four times faster than normal human beings.

Then that means she was already eighty years old by the time she was tormenting them.

A toddler in an old woman's body...

It sends shivers down Bela's spine. She can't imagine how it must have felt, to have an energetic and childish mind in the body of someone fragile and completely tired.

But it's too late to regret anything now.

Mia seemed upset that she wanted to leave again, but did nothing much to stop her. She's smart enough to have observed Bela's persistent nature back in the Ranch.

If only she knew Bela would also be in Romania...

Bela shakes her head.

Soon enough, she would be back on the airport and flying to Romania and then back to the village.

She can wait.

She can wait to drown Miranda in questions, most of which she probably won't be able to answer.

Because before she goes, she'll make sure to imprint every last moments in her tiny little fly memories.

Her flies are back, after all, and it was no problem to call Joe and Zoe from time to time.

Even Mia and Ethan, which must have better connection because they're in the same country.

...

Bela is back to normal too, anyway.

She can always fly secretly to wherever she wants, no need for a Visa or anything if she wants to take a vacation.

But there is always Miranda.

Miranda doesn't allow many things.

...

She'll try.

And before she goes, she's sure, that she would remember the faces she experienced that hell hole with for a long time.

-----

She smiles at the thought. She smiles after a long time.

That she can meet them again one day.

She just hopes they won't meet in a different light because she knows, she has a feeling, that things are going to get far worse after this.

But hopefully, it doesn't.

Before she goes, she wants to cherish the moments she has left in the open world before going back into her prison of a village.