Safety

Bela flew as quickly as she could to Miranda's lab.

It was still afternoon, far from midnight, and the sky had no clouds or blockage of any sort that would ultimately disrupt her near-perfect flight.

As soon as she reached the laboratory's entrance, she almsot immediately raced to the dark inside.

When she reached the inside, she heard no baby shuffling or moving around. But she could hear soft breathing of someone alive in the area.

She trained her eyes again like before to the direction of the cell and she saw Mia, sitting at the corner with her head on her knees.

She must not have heard Bela's buzzing swarm.

The blonde approached the cell slowly and when she reached the front of the bars, the woman turned to look up at her.

Mia's eyes seemed to have widened when she saw the familiar, yellow blonde hair.

She almost jumped up at the front of her cell, "Bela...? You're alive? How...?"

Bela smiled at her sadly. She couldn't know she actually died. Mia is truly an observant woman, because Bela knows the fly she gave her withered away with her original body.

"I'm fine. But... I came here to save you." Bela said as she grabbed Mia's hand through the bars reassuringly.

"I'll save you." she didn't retract her hand as she turned into a swarm and flew inside of the cell.

After entering, she finally let go of the woman's hand.

Mia watched Bela with curiousity of what she would do before the blonde transformed back and kicked the bars from the inside.

The bars rattled when she first kicked but then the second time the bars flew outward, making the tables outside turn and fly back from the pressure of the bars getting kicked off forcefully.

Bela smiled proudly as she walked out, debris now everywhere from the cement the bars took with them.

"I could've done it from the outside, you know. But I couldn't risk you getting hurt." the blonde said before turning back to Mia.

The woman's eyes were widened in obvious shock from the display but she calmed herself by breathing slowly.

Bela then approached Mia and put her hand below her legs and the other one on her back. Her arms then transformed to flies.

Mia gasped as she was suddenly carried by a swarm of bugs.

It tickled her back but she allowed it to carry her out of the dark laboratory.

Once they reached the outside, the shining sun lowering bit by bit hurt Mia's eyes. It might already be close to sunset.

How long had she been inside that cell?

She glanced down and finally noticed that Bela was going farther from the ground.

Mia wasn't particularly afraid of heights, but because of how unsafe it seemed to fly without gear or a seat and just literally laying on a bunch of flying insects while on the sky really just makes her fear the impossible.

But her slight fear diminished after awhile when Bela made her land near a familiar face and a soldier man with a gun.

Both of them looked fine but had debris in their clothing and gear.

The men faced them once they landed as Bela finally transformed back and let Mia go of the bridal-style carry. It was the safest way to carry her, after all.