Lately I've Been Thinking

Today, Bela got to work a little late. Not very respectable of her. Her mother would scold her if she acted like that with her.

It had already been 6 months since she started working in the Connections, only a month ago she visited the bioweapon child.

Now she's set off to finally finish her godforsaken paperwork. Those papers took too much out of her in a short month.

Once she's entered she thought back to her flies, the ones she gave Miranda. It had been in her mind for awhile now, what could that woman be doing with her flies?

She shrugs it off before continuing to walk around the halls.

She sighs as she finally reaches her desk. She sits down and prepares to continue her paperwork before a small paper caught her eye.

She picked it up and read it's contents.

E-001 code name 'Eveline' will be transported to Central America's base due to the higher up's orders. The ship will be the SS Anabelle and is the most secure to quarantine the mold. The mold can control anyone's mind when infected and E-001 can vomit creatures that she has said to be her friends. Always kill these creatures without her knowledge.

Droney and Winters are responsible for taking care of this bioweapon. Proceed with caution if you are not any of the two.

She read further, E-series is a very major threat if out of hand. The D-series will help in neutralizing the E-series if needed. Kill the bioweapon if absolutely necessary.

Bioweapon has a strange obsession with family, which is why the two main creators are called her 'mommy' and 'daddy'. Please do not bring 'family' up when talking to her.

The bioweapon is completely unstable-

Bela set the paper back down. She didn't want to read anymore of this nonsense.

She already knew who this bioweapon was. Jesus christ a four month old child has infectious mold powers.

And she's unstable? How can that be? She seems like any other normal child. Maybe for them a bioweapon is unstable.

Bela took the piece of paper and read again but what caught her eye was the writer's name at the end.

Dr. Miranda.

So it was Miranda who sent this to her?

...

She should've expected she'd do that.

Miranda is full of surprises. She is unpredictable, which makes her such a terrifying opponent. No one would oppose her, not even Karl who desperately wants to.

Donna said, once, that she despised Miranda because of what she did to her face and her sister. Bernadette, was it?

Bela blew her thoughts away as she instead took to mind what she just read.

It wasnt stated when the ship would depart, only what they would board.

Bela could go with that.

She sighed one last time before stashing the paper in her pocket and continuing her paperwork.

-----

Today Bela seems tired.

She finished her paperwork yesterday, yes, but she still feels tired even though she literally should be celebrating her day off.

But the thing is, she feels tired because she hasn't had a decent hunt since her time in the castle, and she sure as hell can't hunt in the office.

That would be dumb considering they take and imprison all bioweapons to experiment on them. Eveline is the main example so far.

Today she feels bored and tired at the same time. Now that she had time to rest, she thinks back about it.

The ship, the ship they would be boarding to go to where Miranda is.

Miranda most likely dressed as a higher up or something to get to order Eveline to arrive where she was to most likely turn her into a vessel for her daughter.

Miranda needs a baby and Eveline is qualified for that in both counts.

And Miranda, she still has to ask about-

An ear-piercing ring brings her out of her thoughts.

Speak of the devil.

She stands up from her bed and took the phone call.

"Mother Miranda," Bela said as the person on the phone only hummed in confirmation.

"I want you to leave." Miranda said through the phone. Bela stayed silent. She knows Miranda won't see it but out of habit she raised an eyebrow.

Miranda took it as a chance to continue, "You have read my letter, have you not? I want you to make sure you do not board the SS Anabelle. After the ship departs, you can go back to Romania."

Bela remained quiet. Inside her she's basically crying in happiness that she could go home and get to hunt. But another part of her said that she shouldn't leave Mia behind.

Miranda hung up and Bela was left to her thoughts.

Tomorrow would be another work day with the usual people and that sweet Latte coffee.

She sighs as she walks back to the bed. She lays down and thinks.

So I won't board the ship? That should be easy enough...

She thinks again, but what do I tell Alan and Mia? And Eveline?

Bela shakes her head. Its not the right time to think that way now. She should be resting from the hellish amount of paperwork Miranda left her.

She turns to her side and closes her eyes.

Soon enough, she would be back home and forgetting about the outside world again.

She knows she's only being used by Miranda. She knows she's a failure of a failure, and really, that's all she is.

She let's a few of her flies go into her vision. She's still a monster, an overgrown pile of mosquitos. Funny, really, that joke originated from Karl's creative names for their mother.

Bela still misses her daily life back at the castle but she has new friends here. She can deal with this.

If she won't crack from her greatest weakness then surely she won't burn in hell.

She closes her eyes and sleeps.