A Few Months Later...

After atleast 2 months of working there, Bela is given the chance to meet the E-series, codename 'Eveline'. That's a nice name.

Bela is, undoubtedly, nervous. She has never met someone artificially aged before.

But really, she's confused as to why she was chosen of all people. Maybe Miranda requested it? She gave the DNA, after all...

Or maybe Mia?

That's more likely. Mother Miranda wouldn't just suddenly invite her to meet with an artificially aged laboratory person. Bela wonders how old the baby was created to look like.

Forgetting about that, she enters where she was instructed and meets face-to-face with Alan. It turns out he was about to leave... And a childish voice calling out to someone.

"Daddy?"

Bela freezes. The voice is childish... But holds so much more and Bela can't explain how she feels about it.

Alan paused, already halfway out the door before going back in. From behind him Bela could see Mia kneeling in front of a small figure, glancing at the both at the door.

The man walked back in, letting Bela in as well in the process.

Now, Bela could fully see the occupants in the room.

Two, of course, were Alan and Mia. But the third... Is a child, sitting on a metal chair stuck to the floor from the screws that poked out under the legs. The child had black hair and looked nothing like Miranda. What DNA did Miranda give her? Her name is Eveline and Miranda's child is Eva, but... Mother Miranda is blonde and the child has black hair and green, turquoise-like eyes. Miranda has blue.

Bela shakes her head. She's thinking too much over... An artificially aged child. Should she be a toddler?

No, only an infant.

Maybe a couple months old? She looked barely two months when she first saw her as a small baby.

Bela sees the child give her a curious glance. She looked so innocent and clueless that she's actually a bioweapon that was artificially aged.

Alright, sorry, but Bela just couldn't move on from the artificially aged part.

"Bela, I'd like you to meet Eveline." Mia said, breaking Bela's thought process again as she pointed her head towards the child's direction.

The child watched her as she turned her head to face her.

"Eveline, this is Bela." Mia continued as she then turned her head to Bela, showing the small girl which she was in the room.

The child stared at her eyes, "She has very pretty eyes." - she pointed out. Bela has never heard such a nice compliment before regarding her eyes so she could only smile thoughtfully.

"Um... You have very nice eyes yourself, Eveline," she said back, earning a small giggle from the child.

"She's nice too! Mommy, is she your friend?"

Wait. Mommy? Is Alan her daddy or something?

She saw Mia smile back and nod.

"She is. She is also a pretty lady, isn't she?" if Bela could blush she already would be, but the child smiled and nodded anyway. Mia patted the girl's head and stood up from her kneeling position.

Bela shook off her fluster from the flatter and darted her eyes to Alan, who stared hard at the child now occupied with Mia talking to her.

The child was swinging her legs on the chair while chatting happily with Mia.