Hopeful Point Of View

Mia waited, like she promised herself.

She had seen her captor walk around and sometimes carry her baby to soothe it down when it started crying.

But other than watching, Mia has nothing else to do.

It makes her angry just staring as the woman cradles her baby like it's her own.

She now knows that Miranda, her captor, does not know that Bela lent her a fly.

So far, the fly was her only company.

It stopped buzzing because it was probably smart enough to know that it would alert the captor.

Mia had also concluded, once, that her captor might really be the Miranda in the Connections. Not to mention Bela's involvement in it all.

But Mia was too tired to think about that anymore. She just wanted to go back home to Ethan and with their baby in her arms.

But nothing ever goes as planned, as far as she's experienced.

She only waits now, quietly, in her empty, dirty cell.

At first, when she got here, she thought thta everything until now was only a dream and she was still in the Bakers Ranch.

But when she saw her precious Rosemary, even though it was in another's arms, she knew well enough that it was not just a dream.

But the fact didn't ease her situation.

After all, the woman showed her that she can shapeshift, and that was no hallucination.

Mia had been in that cell for two months straight.

She doesn't even know how she's still alive.

She no longer had hope until Bela suddenly came back into her life.

She thought, obviously, that Bela was her captor just shapeshifted. But she was mistaken once she noticed those eyes.

Her eyes, Bela's eyes, were shining in the dark, very gold.

Mia still didn't trust her but ended up having to get her hopes up.

Bela's words echoed in her ears even though the woman herself was long gone from the laboratory.

"I'll help you escape."

Mia really did get her hopes up when she heard that.

She knew it would hurt much more if her hope was high, and she knew that there was a sixty-percent chance that the Bela she just met was a shapeshifter and the fly she gave her was just another way of surveillance.

But Mia didn't want to think like that. It had been years since she last felt hope in her life, and that was when Ethan came for her in Louisiana.

She also felt hope when her baby Rose was born, but that was entirely different from the present.

She just wishes that Ethan could still be alive even after all this time.

It had already been an hour, or maybe more, since Bela left her there.

And everytime her captor went close enough to her cell she would always try to grab them or punch at them.

The woman would just ignore her attempts.

Mia hadn't ever done things like that before but she knew she couldn't let go of chances.

Who knows, she might even be able to choke the life out of the woman.

It really wouldn't bother her. It wasn't the first time she would be killing someone, and she had the excuse of self-defense.

Now that she thinks about it, she loves her husband, but she feels her hope was much higher on Bela.

They both did try to save her in Louisiana, but she knows Bela went there because of orders. Maybe from Miranda, because she already theorised that her captor actually is her coworker Miranda.

The woman seemed familiar with her so it can be a fact that she actually is her coworker.

...Mia shakes her head. There's no use thinking like that now.

-----

Mia's eyes snapped open.

She doesn't know why she was awoken, she just suddenly awoke.

She saw her cell just as dark as always.

...

She sighs.

She wishes Ethan was here right now, comforting her.

She also wonders if Ethan had noticed that she was, in fact, not the one with him inside their home for two full months.

She turns to look at the fly.

It was on her knee, wings straight while it laid its head on her knee, eyes closed.

She squinted her eyes at it. It seemed cute... But if it had its eyes open she would literally slap it off her knee.

She sighs again, but she feels the sigh is to mostly relieve the stress building up in her chest.

She closes her eyes again as she had nothing else to do in this cramped, dirty place.

She couldn't see, or hear, her baby anywhere. Either it was just really dark or her baby was taken by this Miranda person.

She cringes at the thought of the woman doing cult things with, or to her baby daughter.

It was the least worse, though. Unless she uses Rosemary for a sacrifice or something.

Hopefully not because Mia is sick and tired of crying.

But really, Mia is still wondering just how the hell she's still alive. She had only been eating once a day and to the bathroom she goes only twice. Everyday. So how is she still even alive?

She doesn't want to die, of course, she was just curious.

Maybe she was still infected with the mold?

...

Hopefully not, for God's sake.

She's been through enough to find out that everything she's tested and turned out negative was literally still inside of her.

And she can't imagine her and Ethan's Rosemary becoming a mutant Bioweapon like Eveline.

Hopefully Ethan and Bela find a way to save her. And Rosemary.

But she doesn't know how they actually could...

She shakes her head as she breaths in, and out.

There's no way she would lose hope. Even if it would hurt in the end, even if she would still feel despair, she knows it would all be worth it.

Despair is inevitable in one's life, but that doesn't mean hope doesn't come after.

...

Hopefully it would all be worth it...