The Start Of The Scheme

At least an hour goes by before Bela finally heard a door open on the other side.

She perked up. She obviously expected Ethan.

But she just hopes that he hadn't touched any of her sisters yet. After all, they didn't discard his weapons, as stupid as that sounds.

Bela transformed quietly and buzzed as she heard the footsteps grow louder, meaning it was getting closer.

She steeled herself and finally, she opened the door and swarmed inside.

There, was Ethan, pointing his gun at her.

She saw the fear and anger on his face as he shot her flies. At least, he tried to.

None were hit, as far as she felt.

But she didn't attack as she only transformed a meter away from him.

She put up her arms, the same way with Mia, surrendering to the man.

Ethan looked confused, angry and still fearful.

But then something in his expression snapped when he fully saw Bela's familiar features.

"B–B–Bela!?" he exclaimed as he stuttered her name out, as if he hadn't said it in decades.

His gun wavered, "–the hell are you doing here!? Were you that–"

"W-wait! Calm down! I'm here to help!"

Ethan paused, but then pointed his gun again. "How do I know if I can trust you? Chris betrayed me, killed Mia, what's so different about you?"

Bela was about to say something before she shut her mouth.

So Chris tried to kill Mia? No, at the time it was Miranda.

But Miranda is still alive? Maybe it was her healing abilities that kept her alive.

Bela shakes her head, "I promise. And I know where your Rosemary is."

Ethan's eyes widened at the last part, "You know? You know where my  daughter is?" he asked as Bela nodded.

He lowered his gun slightly in consideration.

"...fine. Where is she?" he asked sternly as he straightened his back.

Bela lowered her arms, "Miranda cut her into pieces and put her into flasks that she gave to the four Lords."

"What!?" Ethan's head snapped to her in an instant as he readied his gun again. Bela sighed.

"But don't worry. She can be rebuilt and back to normal, we can always just ask The Duke. So our only job now is to collect the flasks containing your daughter."

Ethan listened intently and for once, lowered his gun and brought it to his side, fully putting his remaining trust in Bela.

He sighed, "Fine. I'll trust you. Where is the flask here in the castle?" he asked as he walked to the kitchen door, past Bela with his back now facing her as he inspected the knob.

Bela smiled, content that Ethan went back to believing her, even if it was only slight.

She swarmed through him and to the kitchen.

She saw the man flinch upon feeling the multiple flying organisms pass through him like air.

"Alright, how the hell can you do that?" he asked as he went in and  shut the door behind him.

Bela shrugged, "Miranda did this. The flies that make up my body are the cadou's hatched eggs, basically the para site's children."

Ethan didn't seem to understand but nodded anyway. He didn't need to directly know that Bela and the 'lords' were all nothing else but bioweapons created by Miranda herself.