Over And Over Again

The hall Bela chose were only doors and other rooms. One possibly their living room.

Bela doesn't know that and she doesn't want to know. The place was dusty and as unkept as the outside. She was right when she said the inside would be far worse than outside.

There's just no way Mia can be here. And Eveline.

...

She went upstairs and walked through a few more open rooms before she paused when she stumbled upon a skinny, almost boney woman.

She was just standing there, at the side, quivering and shaking.

The blonde approached her.

"Um, ma'am? Are you okay?"

Definitely not okay. She can tell.

But the woman didn't answer her, only look up at her and wow she recognizes that face.

It's sad, scared, but that face is definitely Mia.

Bela felt herself flinch at the realization that this woman is Mia, of all the people in the world.

The woman, though, had wider eyes than before when she saw Bela.

"Y-you! What are you doing here!?"

"Shh, shh! I'm only here to help," Bela comforted when Mia shouted. Mia only looked around rapidly, as if looking for someone and she doesn't have time.

"Ethan, and now... You! Why the hell are you here!?" she shouted again, voice unusually angry. She seemed panicked about something.

Mia speed-walked to Bela and grasped the blonde's shoulders, "Get out of here right now." she demanded sternly while pushing Bela back to where she came from, not at all gentle.

Bela took a hold of both her arms. She was too skinny, too boney.

"What do you mean? We just have to leave with Eveline and then–"

Mia shoved Bela's hands away and walked back, away from the blonde.

"She's... Here..." Mia whispered, and if this was normal circumstances she wouldn't have heard it.

Mia's stance seemed much more fearful than the last, and her eyes were wide with fear.

Bela can tell it was fear because that's always how her victims looked before they were sucked dry, literally.

Mia pointed her finger behind Bela and as soon as she turned around Mia was suddenly running at her and screaming hysterically.

"Mia!? What is wrong with–" Bela was cut off when Mia pulled out a knife from behind her and aimed it at Bela.

Her face was der–no, not deranged, insane. Mia looked absolutely insane.

Mia swung the knife at her, not holding back from how hard and fast the knife is being swung towards her.

Bela took another hold of her left wrist while she kept on swinging with the right. Bela put her hand on Mia's face as an attempt to push her back. Her flies still weren't responding.

"Mia! What in the world has gotten in to you!?" Bela shouted while she got a slice on her upper left arm. Mia only screamed louder.

"DIE! DIE! DIE! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE HERE!"

Mia shouted but her voice... That is not her voice. That is not her.

Bela kept on trying to push her away, but the woman infront of her was like steel. She just wouldn't budge even when Bela was already trying to punch at her.