Long Time No See

"Long time no see, Bay-la!"

Bela flinched as the voice was so close to her right ear.

She sat up almost immediately and saw no one beside her. She then heard giggling from the foot of the bed.

"You're so funny, Bela," the voice mused childishly with a small giggle as Bela finally took a look of who might be talking to her.

Bela's eyes widened, "Eveline!?" she exclaimed, shocked at seeing the child in front of her.

The child was standing straightly at the foot of the bed she was laying on.

She grinned, "So you still remember me! You really are the best friend,"

"Too bad you're not going to be my friend..." Bela didn't quite catch that small whisper at the end.

The blonde frowned. "Eveline, we need to get out of here. Things are not right."

Eveline cocked her head, "What, do you mean my family?"

Family?

Deranged. Unstable. Has obsession with family.

"W-what do you mean, Eveline?" Bela asked, hopeful that what she just thought isn't actually the truth to it.

"Well you see, they may have been a bit mean to you, but they're actually my family!"

It is. Eveline is unstable!

Bela was speechless at the truth of it.

"And now..." Eveline floated, up the bed and directly towards Bela, "You're the new addition!" she happily mused as she stopped, already almost touching noses with Bela.

Eveline's eyes were clear now.

They were a shiny, glowing turquoise. They were empty but are very child-like.

"I infected the Bakers because they were the most suitable family I can have." Eveline explained.

"Zoe Baker hates me and I couldn't control her like everyone else. She was persistent and always tried to help the new family escape. They always end up as minced meat afterwards."

Bela listened despite her discomfort, squinting her eyes at the child now backing away and back to the foot of the bed.

"Jack was my daddy. But I figured, why not Ethan Winters? After all, that's mommy's husband," Eveline explained again.

Her turquoise seemed to have darkened. "I wouldn't have had to make it harder for you if you had just stayed in the ship. Why did you leave?"

The last question caught Bela off-guard.

Why did you leave?

Why did I leave?

Bela knew immediately why she did. Miranda ordered her and back then, she was still trying to understand her newfound emotions.

"Now," Bela wasn't staring at Eveline but she could already hear the smirk in her voice.

"I've infected you and daddy! You'll be my sister forever, and ever."

Bela felt like she lost her mind for the brief second she heard that sentence.

"Infected... What do you mean..?" Bela's voice sounded hopeless and, no one would blame her.

Eveline giggled, "My mold, silly! I infected you with my mold. And because of that, you both are bound here for life!"

Her voice was child-like, yes, but emtpy and sadistic. As if she enjoyed the despair and hopelessness of the situation she's giving Bela.

Bela shook her head as she hurried off the bed and stood up.

"...Do you not want to be a family?" the child asked, giving her a curious look.

Bela glared at her. That was enough of an answer.

The child laughed, "Okay," before her face darkened and her smile disappeared.

"Then I don't need you anymore!"

In a flash there was a blade through her chest.

She couldn't bleed, but... Why was there red falling from her mouth?

She gasped as she fell to her knees.

She heard a dry laugh from behind her, "I've been waitin' for this moment since you started disobeyin' me,"

It was the old man. She knew that voice from all those hellish moments she heard them.

She looked at where the child was on the foot of the bed but saw that she was nowhere to be found.

The old man laughed once more before pulling the long blade from where he had stabbed her from.

She coughed blood as she saw it pool around her.

The old man took the blade with him and left her there.

She passed out from the pain.

-----

She woke up again.

She blinked a few times before her eyes focused on something.

It was a female, short hair, and had tired eyes.

"Ah..." Bela muttered, causing the woman to turn her head to her.

Bela slowly sat up, feeling her body already fine.

But then she remembered what happened to her.

She looked down at her chest and, yes, her dress shirt was filled with blood stains, but they were all dried up by now. The blood on her face from her mouth was wiped off.

She looked up at the woman.

She tried to stand up and, unsurprisingly by now, she was successful.

"Zoe. Zoe Baker." the woman said as she crossed her arms, kind of like Alan.

Bela nodded, "Uh, Bela." she said back. But she looked back down at her shirt.

"Did you–"

"I didn't fix you. It was her mold that did that to itself." The woman, Zoe, cut her off. Bela nodded again.

She looked around.

"This is my trailer. You walked past here." she said. Bela now realised she should have went to the trailer first. Maybe then she didn't have to run into the old man–Jack, was it?–again.

Bela shook her head as a migraine started to form from all the times she hit her head today.

Now that she thinks about it, all that happened to her in only a day.

That's insane. All of that in a normal sunny day...

Bela tried to control her flies again and finally one went off of her neck inside her collar and made its way to her face.

Bela was glad it obeyed until suddenly, a hand slapped the insect, killing it and hitting Bela's face.

Zoe cringed as she shook off the dead insect from her hand, not at all caring that Bela's cheek was now red.

"I can't stand bugs." was all she said about it.

Bela didn't answer that one but instead brushed past Zoe and to the door leading to the outside of the trailer.

Zoe didnt make an attempt to stop her.

"Are you sure? You know I won't be saving you the next time,"

Bela doesn't look back.

"I am." was all Bela said as she walked out.

Zoe watched her go.

It wasn't the first time Zoe Baker saw someone leave her.