Escape

Misako peeped out of the door as she saw Zach walk into his room. Glancing back and forth. She opened the door further quietly. It was 1am in the morning and she was determined not to wait any longer to free Kai.

She ran quietly towards the metal chambers. She remembered Lucy saying something about the keys beside the door. Misako turned to the side and pushed on the bricks. One brick gave way giving a click sound. It flipped around to reveal the keys. Misako smiled to herself. But that feeling was quickly lost as Lucy reappeared next to her. Misako nearly jumped, "Oh hi Lucy." She said, trying to seem innocent. "What are you doing?" Lucy asked sharply, staring at the keys in front of her. Misako searched her brain for an answer. "Oh you know, with the rise of threats from the ninja scum, I have to keep watch on the keys and make rounds." Misako hoped with all her might Lucy would buy that. Lucy stared at her, "There isn't anyone else to save them." She said, eyes narrowed. Misako shrugged, "Remember Borg helped them before?" Lucy stared at Misako for a moment longer before nodding her head. Misako felt her suspicion grow with every step Lucy took away from her. "So I can take the keys with me in my rounds right?" She asked. Lucy stopped in her tracks and turned around, her red eyes narrowed and her yellow hair covering half her face. "Yeah."

Misako took the keys and marched casually off to the nearest cell. She flung open the door into a fighting stance, pretending to be guarding and stared straight up towards the cage. Closing the door behind her, she made her way along the perimeter. Down below she would face her doom, bubbly dark matter, shining like the night sky stared up at her. One step wrong and down she would go. She gulped and clutched the keys in her sweaty hands tightly. Peering upwards, she tried to see who the captor was. No use. The cage was all covered with metal. Not even a peek of what was inside could be seen.

Misako grumbled. Staring down below, she took a deep breath and chucked the keys into her pocket. She looked up at the chains holding attached to the sides of the cages. She had half a mind to start climbing. That's when she remembered that Samuel had locked Kai up, he couldn't had climbed up these chains without falling and still holding Kai. Misako looked around of an easier way of getting to the door. In which was a tiny little window for air to come in and out.

Misako walked the entire perimeter, she was beginning to feel weary and felt like giving up. Then she spotted a platform above her head, extendable to the gate. Misako jumped up and flipped onto the platform yet to be extended. She stared around her wondering what to do. Misako tapped her foot impatiently, she had to find a way and fast. She stamped her foot on the platform in frustration. Suddenly, the whole thing jerked and began to move. Misako stumbled in shock, she fell onto the platform as it moved slowly towards the door. The platform halted to a stop stiffly. Misako got up carefully and made her way to the door. Peeping in, she could hardly see anything with just a single light bulb to serve as light. She caught a glimpse of a blue leg and realised it was Jay. Turning off her voice control device, she whispered urgently into the cell. "Jay!" Her voice echoing against the metal walls of his cage. Jay shifted uneasily, he slowly sat up, groaning in pain. Misako could hear the chains attacked to him dragging his hands down. He turned around, his eyes half closed. "Misako...?" He muttered. Misako nodded, "I don't have much time, where's Kai?" She asked. Jay dragged himself to the door, "Kai...he's in one of the cells...nearby." Misako glanced behind her and turned again. "Do you know which one?" She asked. Jay shook his head, "But...it should be the one next to me." He muttered weakly. Misako nodded. "Don't worry Jay. This is almost over. You'll be out soon, hang in there." Misako encouraged. Jay gave a small smile before collapsing onto the floor again? his breathing heavy. Misako turned on her voice control, unlocked his cage and chains, then left.

Misako ran to the next cage, she was running out of time. She had encountered Sensei Wu, unlocked his chains and cage as well before leaving. The faster she found Kai, the better. Misako had hoped the others would be fit to run, but looking at the condition Jay and Sensei Wu were in, this escape was going to be difficult.

Misako jumped onto the platform and tapped her foot impatiently as it slowly made its way to the cage. Misako peeked in and sighed inwardly with relief as her eye caught Kai. "Kai!" She said in relief. Unlocked the cage, she ran inside and unlocked the chains around his hands. Kai stood up shaking his hands. "Thanks Misako." He nodded. Misako looked down, "So...what now?" Kai narrowed his eyes to think. "Since you have the keys, get everyone out of here. I'll take care of the benders if we need cover." Misako nodded. Her vision clouded with worry, "Be careful Kai." She whispered. Kai nodded. Trying to seem confident. But his fear was clearly reflected in his eyes.

Misako spent the whole morning unlocking the cages of the team. While Kai was in the bender's main room. While the benders were still asleep, he moved heavy objects to the front of their doors to stop them from coming out. Then he took all their weapons and threw them into the pit full of dark matter. Misako came hobbling out with a hand over Nya. Cole, Jay and Sensei Wu were helping each other to walk. Their footsteps slow but steady. P.I.X.A.L looked alright. As she was a robot, the benders probably didn't care much about her. "Thank you for coming Kai." She whispered. Kai nodded as he beckoned everyone to the lift. Suddenly, the door of Lucy's room began to shake. "Ashley!" She was shouting. Kai's eyes widened, he exchanged a glance with Misako. "Ashley!" She repeated, angrier this time. "Keep moving!" Kai urged them, pushing all of them into the lift. "Ow!" Jay shouted. Lucy body slammed her door, "I'll metal squash you all!" She shouted angrily. Kicking the door, "Go go!" Kai shouted. Running into the lift. As the doors began to close. Kai caught a glimpse of Lucy kicking open her door. She narrowed her eyes in anger and threw a metal ball at them. Kai threw a fire ball back. A loud explosion was heard as the doors closed and the action was over.