I can't do this alone.

The sun was slowly setting, many people began to turn in for the night. But Kai would not be sleeping tonight. He had packed more shurikens, armoured himself up and sharpended his blade. He sat on Cirus's chair by the window and stared out at the peaceful city. Everyone seemed to be happy in Ninjago, with the rate of normal street crimes decreasing, everyone began to walk around safely yet never forgetting the times they had been haunted and destroyed by the overlord. Little did anyone know that there was still evil out there, evil that never dies. Everything rested on kai's shoulders now. He felt glum, heavy, worried, scared. Perhaps this was how Lloyd felt when he became the green ninja. For once, he was glad he wasn't the green ninja. With all this weighing on his shoulders, Kai didn't feel like he could manage it.

"Kai?" Zane's robotic voice snapped him back into reality, he turned around to face his nidroid friend, yet still in the body of a street bot. "I sense you are troubled." Kai shrugged, "Nobody needs sixth sense to know that Zane." he muttered in what sounded rather sad. Zane bent down next to his friend and stared out of the window. They both sat there in silence as they studied the city. "Amazing isn't it?" Zane breathed turning to Kai. "The last time the four of us ever came to the city together was so long ago, it looked so different." Kai nodded, not taking his eyes off the mass of buildings. kai chuckled suddenly, "And you were pink remember?" nudging Zane playfully. Zane laughed, "Hey you had venom in your eyes you know?" he shot back. Kai laughed, "Oh yeah, Sensei's beard was moving!"  Both of them erupted into laughter as they began to remeber those small little things of their past. Kai sighed, "We really have made a difference." Zane nodded, "All five of us, we've faced so much. That skeleton army, Garmadon, The Snakes, the overlord, then the nindroids.." "And now this." Kai inturrupted, then felt his empty fear taking over his mind once again. Zane too stayed silent, they both knew they won't be facing this as a team. "I can't do this alone Zane." He whispered. Leaning back on the chair and letting his fears take over. "You won't be. You have Cirus's layout guidance, I'll be there, just not physically and Misako is going to help you." Kai nodded, "I know...But...I still feel like somethings missing. Carrying out such an important mission feels strange and scary without all of them." he said, standing up and walking back and forth nervously. "I thought I would never be afraid of anything! When I wanted to rescue Nya I just wanted to do it on my own!" He exclaimed. "I just...I never knew a team could mean so much." he muttered plonking back down on the chair, back hunched. " Kai shook his head, 'I'm scared." He admitted unwillingly. Zane looked at him and away, clearly not knowing what to say. He simply stared into the distance of the city. "When I was in the digiverse," he began, "I was all alone. It was so different, so weird, I knew nothing at all I had nothing and no one to depend on." Zane stopped, relishing those memories in the digiverse. "It took a while to get used to the digiverse..." he sighed, "I was so scared, I felt so alone as though I didn't have any support whatsoever." Kai shifted uneasily, "Sorry Zane...I didn't know..." He said. Zane shook his head, "Its alright. I got over it." They both stayed silent for a while longer, both deep in their own thoughts.Until Zane broke the silence, "I remember during the final batlle." He said outoud. Kai's thoughts snapped back to that day, his sister trying to push him to his doom, her eyes purple and evil. Trying to fight for his life as he used his remaining strength trying to push away from the edge. 

"I was evil I know," Zane said, "I still remember Lloyd's lesson for us. He said Ninja Never Quit." Zane smiled, "You guys may not have been with me physically in the digiverse, I may not have been anle to see your faces nor hear your voices. But I remembered our memories. I remembered Sensei's lessons and thats what got me through my days in the digiverse." Zane turned to Kai, "This is why I'm here." he smiled. Kai stared at Zane, slowly letting his lesson seep in. "Kai, Zane!" They heard Misako's voice as she ran towards them."We got one!" she shouted before zooming out of Cirus's office. Kai panicked, "Don't worry, You'll do fine." Zane reassured. Kai took a deep breath. Before nodding and even giving a small smile. 

"Ninja Never Quit Zane."