If you can't change your circumstances, change yourself.

"Stand back." Zane's voice called from the earth driller, the engine roared to life. "Wait!" Misako called, "We should be stealthy about this. We don't wanna fight those guys." "Why not?" Kai asked, "They're benders. They have limits." Misako shot Kai a look,"And if we know that all the more they should know it too, they know their lair and powers better than you do. They probably use it to their advantage, so we sneak in." Kai starred at the wall then back at Misako, "Ugh fine." He muttered and walked over to the dirt. He kneeled down and brushed more dirt out of the area, his hands felt something cold and rough. He withdrew his hand and started feeling around until he got a rough idea where the wall was. The wall stuck up about a metre away from him. "Any idea how to get in without getting spotted?" Kai asked turning to Misako and Zane which was technically the earth driller. "I got nothing this time." Zane said. Misako frowned and scratched her chin thoughtfully, "I'm not too sure either..." She muttered reluctantly.
"Great," Kai sighed, flopping his hands in a sarcastic manner. "Oh whatever shall I do, my fearless-cake-loving-forever-full-of-ideas-leader doesn't seem to be here." "Hey, remember what sensei said? If you can't change your circumstances, change yourself." Zane reminded, "Don't give up Kai. Think, what would Cole do?" Kai stood there for a while, staring at the dark brown walls of the tunnel the driller dug. "What would Cole do?" He whispered. Grunting in irritation he began pacing back and forth, "Well, I don't know! I'm not Cole. My first thought is to ram the driller and take down the wall but that's not stealthy at all. If Cole was here he would-" Kai stopped pacing, his eyes widened. "I got it! We gotta go back to plan and get to know the place more so we can infiltrate." Misako nodded, "Good thinking Kai. See? You can be a leader you just got to hold on and think for a while longer." Kai beamed, his eyes sparkling in the dark with excitement. Not only because he could actually think like Cole and be a leader, but now one step closer to saving his friends.

"That's their lair?!" Kai exclaimed in awe. Zane had been transported back into a street-bot and now all 4 of them, Misako, Cirus Borg, Zane and Kai were standing in front of a screen in Cirus's office. He had magically, using his complex brain and who knows what technology, scanned and found the lay out of the bender's lair. "Swell." Kai muttered. The cages were surrounded by huge rooms, the cages suspended by chains. Metre thick metal walls and ceilings. With an outer layer of stone. The ground made out of obsidian to hold the dark matter and that wasn't the most amazing part. In between the walls were logs of wood and tree bark clearly for the wood bender. Water leaked from the ceilings in between the gaps of metal sheets. "They have everything there to cater to their bending." Misako breathed, amazed. "Good thing we came back to check out their lair." Zane commented. Kai was barely listening as he continued to study their lair. "This thing looks almost impossible to infiltrate." He muttered. Cirus shook his head, "There's got to be a weak spot." He said. Kai studied the lair carefully, "Hey, they're only 4 benders...and the lair is so huge. That means, they can only patrol the place at certain times in certain areas." Misako glanced at Kai, her interest sparked, "Where are you going with this Kai?" Kai turned to face the other three, "I'm saying, Zane could drill a hole in their lair when they're not there. It's not like they can guard all 8 cages at once." "But Kai, what if they have alarms and cameras?" Zane asked, Kai shrugged, "It's worth a shot. And even if we did, there won't be another way to get-". "Wait! There is!" Cirus interrupted, his face lighting up in excitement. "If there's no way in there, then how do the benders even enter their lair in the first place?" Kai frowned, eyebrows furrowed, deep in thought. "We need to get a hold of one of them and follow him." He finally stated. Misako looked at him in shock, "Usually you'd just take out the guy!" Kai shook his head, "If I'm gonna save the team, I have to change my attitude and start thinking like someone else." Kai smirked, "Now let's get started, I have a plan."

Cirus moved to his computer and reprogrammed the security system. Kai did have a good idea and Cirus had a good feel about it that it would work. Misako ran to her room and put on black robes. She tied blue, brown, grey and white sashes around her and covered every part of her face. She placed a voice tone changer on her mask. Thanks to Cirus Borg, it exists. She stepped out of her room and made her way to the main room. "Alright Misako," he said as he turned around and jumped when he faced her. "Woah! You look...like a bender!" He exclaimed. "Thanks," she nodded, "They should buy this." "Well I certainly am." Kai said wide eyed as she looked her up and down. "This is crazy!" He exclaimed. Misako chuckled, "I've changed the focus of the security systems, the plan is going well." Cirus said as he nodded approvingly at Kai, "This is a good plan." He commented. Kai smiled.