Panic attack on set

Okay so this one is a little bit different as it isn't 1d based- this is for someone who didn't want to be mentioned. I hope you enjoy it 💕

Rubi's POV
I had my arms crossed over my chest as I tapped my foot on the ground something that always happened when I was nervous... it was impossible for me to stop it. "Okay Tom will be arriving very soon" the director shouted as people bustled around her mainly producers and some background actors. I was mainly nervous as today was the day that I would actually be meeting Tom. Tom had always been the main actor I always looked up to when I was younger. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear a sound of cheering and people acknowledging the REAL Loki walking into the building. "Yeah she's right over there" Kate said as she pointed towards me and my head shot up as I was snapped out of my thoughts and when I saw Tom my heart dropped into my stomach not from horror mainly fright as I was so not ready. I couldn't move I was just stood still sort of looking like I was either constipated or had a massive pole up my arse- either way I knew I was making a fool of myself. I gulped seeing tom's lovely smile. His dreamy eyes were just so perfect... "hello. I'm Tom. Nice to meet you. Rubi, right?" My eyes widened ever so slightly and I quickly nodded looking down at his hand which was stuck out for me to take and I discreetly rubbed my palm against my shirt as I knew my hands were getting clammy from nerves. I then stuck my hand out and smiled slightly shaking his hand "n-nice to meet you too Tom... Rubi Manchester at your service-" he gave my hand a light squeeze and smiled widely and once I realised what I had said my eyes widened slightly and Tom chuckled "well at least you know who you're talking to. Say my name!" he said playfully before he laughs "I'm kidding I'm kidding" he then smiled before turning his head as a woman poked his shoulder and he nodded "Great. It was nice talking to you Rubi I'll see you around!" He said cheerily as he was pulled away by the makeup artist and I smiled slightly waving before shaking my head realising how embarrassing that was and I mentally face palmed.

"Okay Rubi so I want you to look at that camera over there" Kate said pointing at the right camera and I nodded ever so slightly as my breathing grew heavier. Tom wasn't here yet as it wasn't his scene but I knew he would be here very soon and I didn't want to fuck up in front of him. "Okay and action!" Kate shouted backing away and I looked into the camera scowling like I had been told to before I laugh with a sinister look on my face "oh look what you've done now... huh- no wonder you're  deemed as crazy" I then smirked narrowing my eyes at the camera before flinching as Kate shouted 'cut!' I looked towards her "did I do something wrong?" I questioned worriedly and she shook her head "no Rubi... that was perfect I just want you to add more power to it. Like try to add more movement into your speech alright?" I nodded and did as she said as soon as she said action and as I was doing it I felt panic slowly starting to creep up inside of me until my eyes caught onto Tom walking into the room dressed fully as Loki my lips parting in surprise as I just froze the lines I was going to say disappearing from my mind and I looked at Kate and shook my head "I'm so sorry" I shook my head and swallowed harshly my hands starting to shake from nerves. "Do you want some water Rubi?" Kate questioned seeming to see my discomfort and I ran a hand over my face as it felt like my mind had been filled with negative thoughts and that's when it felt like my body had been frozen completely. It was like someone was holding me down forcing me to stop moving or communicating with anyone. My eyes flickered back and forth from Tom then to Kate then to random people I had no idea who they were "i-I'm..." I started my face going pale but my words were cut off as Tom was now standing in front of me but I swore he was over by the door not a second ago. Maybe he really had powers? Oh shut up Rubi. My thoughts swirled around my head mercilessly until Tom rested his hands on my shoulders "hey... hey look... look into my eyes" he spoke softly and I met his eyes and he smiled softly before reaching down grabbing onto my hand and placing my hand on his chest before doing soft exaggerated breaths "in and out... in and out... slowly... breathe in when your hand rises breathe out when it falls" he said softly and I began to copy his breathing and he smiled nodding his head "there you go just like that... in and out... in and out. You're doing great I promise" he said softly until eventually it felt like I was floating and I wasn't panicking. "Good" he smiled and I pulled my hand off of his chest letting my hand dangle by my side once again. "You want a time out?" He questioned and I nodded ever so slightly and went to walk but I stumbled slightly and Tom grabbed onto my forearm gently. "Take as long as you need" Kate said smiling softly and Tom nodded grabbing a bottle of coke before he began leading me outside his steps slow and careful making sure I wouldn't fall. As we got outside I felt the cold breeze hit my skin and I breathed in the fresh air fluttering my eyes shut. "Sit" he mumbled and I sat down on one of the steps and he did the same sitting down beside me. "Here" he handed me the bottle of coke and I thanked him softly and unscrewed the lid taking a little sip from the bottle and he smiled softly as we just sat in silence listening to the sound of cars and birds and planes. It was peaceful.

After a while Tom looked at me "what caused it?" He questioned in a soft tone and I thought to myself "nerves about..." I paused embarrassed and he wrapped a supportive arm around me "hey, no judgement here. Just tell me" he rubbed the pad of his thumb against my shoulder and I was slowly coaxed into leaning into him and I closed my eyes "nerves about embarrassing myself in front of you" I said softly and Tom didn't say anything for a second before he exhaled "that's nothing to be embarrassed about Rubi... we all have our rational fears and I completely understand where you're coming from. Hell when I worked with Robert Downey jr I thought I was going to mess up and yes I did but no one made fun of me. It's called learning. Don't take it personal Rubi. You're an amazing actress" he said and I smiled softly. "But... people are so negative about me failing especially in this" I said and Tom looked at me "look- negativity is like clouds... weightless... no emotions... they're nothing... they're just feelings and opinions that will pass. Gradually they'll pass- even if it takes ages the negativity will go I can assure you of that" he said with a warm smile "and the negative words will also go when you show those mean people- mainly trolls- that you're an excellent actress and think of it like this. You've been chosen to work with me... with an amazing director such as Kate Herron... that should show you how special you are" he said and I looked at him before throwing my arms around him knowing I risked ruining his makeup but I wasn't thinking about that. "Thank you Tom... you're truly unique" I then slowly pulled away and let out a soft laugh as I wiped away the tears from my eyes "I'm sorry I messed your makeup up" I said and he just shrugged "if I were feeling mean I would say get on your knees but hey, I'm in a nice mood today so don't worry. It can be fixed" he winked playfully before standing up and holding his hand out "c'mon then Rubi. Lets get this show on the road" a small smirk curved on his lips and I reached out grabbing onto his hand smiling as he helped me up. We began walking back towards the entrance but Tom then stopped and made me look at him "and if you feel under pressure or uncomfortable or like you're going to have a panic attack again then do this if I'm next to you-"  he let go of my hand "pretend I'm you" he smiled slightly before grabbing onto my hand again "squeeze my hand once for I'm a bit uncomfortable... twice for you need a break and three you're having a panic attack but if I'm not close enough then just make eye contact with me or play with your hair and that'll tell me okay?" I smiled slightly and nodded again "I'll keep that in mind thank you... and- and same goes for you if you need someone" I say and he grins "much appreciated rubes" my cheeks flushed red at the nickname and I smiled before walking inside with him.

Two weeks later

I was stood with Tom the bright lights shining down on us making the room even more hotter and I was starting to get uncomfortable. I gulped and cleared my throat watching as Tom talking to Kate. I felt my heartbeat increase. It was weird as my panic attacks could be set off by anything and this time it was set off by the lights and I don't know why. I slowly snaked my hand towards his grasping onto his hand before squeezing his hand hard three times and Tom immediately looked at me "hey, it's okay" he soothed before looking at Kate "we'll be right back" he smiled before gently pulling me out of the blinding lights and I blinked rapidly trying to refocus my vision. He pulled me into his changing room and he shut the door "hey rubes... hey well done for telling me... I'm right here" he reassured gently my bottom lip starting to tremble "I'm here" he said softly and I swallowed hard "h-hug" I whimpered out and once he heard that one word he wrapped his arms around me protectively and securely as he began to sway us back and forth "I'm right here rubes... breathe in and out... I'm right here" he drew little shapes into my shoulder as he pressed a little kiss to the top of my head. He had now become more of a brother or father figure to me and that's why I trusted him more that anyone. "I'm so sorry" I whispered and Tom shook his head "nothing to be sorry for. You cant control these. You're strong" he squeezed me gently and I listened to his heartbeat until I had calmed down again and once I had calmed down he pulled away sliding his hands down to rest on my shoulders "you okay?" He questioned and I nodded slightly "only because of you" I said and he smiled "I'll always be here for you..." he then pulled me in for another hug rubbing up and down my back slowly "maybe we should get a doctor involved with your panic attacks" he suggested and my eyes widened and I shook my head fervently and let out a terrified whimper and Tom realised that I didn't want that and he immediately shushed me quietly "okay okay no doctor" he repeated until my shoulders had slumped and I relaxed feeling like I couldn't do anymore acting today. "I'm exhausted" I whispered and he nodded "how about we call it off today and I take you out for dinner or we can have pizza at my place and we can just relax, yeah?" He questioned softly and I looked into his eyes and smiled softly "yes please Tom" he then squeezed my shoulder "of course... now lets go relax" I guess you could say I'm blessed to have such an amazing friend.

Hope you guys liked this one 💕

Word count: 2130