Chapter 29: Faith's Transformation

We rented a huge place that was full air-conditioned - perfect for an event like debut. The place was now designed with light and dark gray balloons. The tables for the guest were covered with light gray and white cloths with a centerpiece of white flowers in a vase. The stage had a LED screen, presenting "Faith at 18". And there's a black couch where Faith will sit later.

We all wore formal attires. I just wear a black polo with light gray suit and slacks, because Faith's motif was combination of light and dark gray - as expected. She would never choose a colorful and girly motif.

This event was really interesting for me, especially I would see her transformation today.

"Hi, Sir Neico!" bati sa akin ng mga classmates ni Faith na napapadaan sa table kung saan ako nakaupo kasama sina Daniel, Nathan, Kuya Joss, Carlo at Bryan. Hindi namin kasama si Evangelist Storm dahil kasama niya ang wife niya sa ibang table.

I just smiled at them.

A moment later, the host started speaking and entertaining the guests.

"Sana mabilis lang matapos 'to. Gutom na ako. Ang daldal pa naman ng emcee," ani Daniel.

Natawa naman kami sa kanya.

Hinampas siya ni Nathan sa braso habang tawang-tawa. "Parehas tayo. Diretso ako dito pagkatapos ng work ko, e."

"...As a jumpstart, let us all acknowledge the ever supportive and loving family of our debutant..." the host acknowledged each member of Faith's family.

We just clapped our hands.

Afterwards, they showed us a collection of Faith's photos from her childhood until she grew up. I saw how cute she was when she was a kid. She looked so lovely. Nakakalungkot lang pagmasdan ang picture niya kasama si Pastor Rick, maging ang collage photo ng buong pamilya nila. Namatay kasi ang asawa ni Pastor Rick matapos nitong ipanganganak si Faith kaya wala silang picture na magkakasama silang apat.

I just heaved a sigh, wishing that Faith was still happy at this moment though Pastor Rick was not here to witness her special moment.

A moment later, the host finally welcomed the debutant, "...Let us put our hands together, as we welcome the main highlight of this celebration and the one who will cherish this moment the most, ladies and gentlemen, our debutant, FAITH BRILLANTES!"

The sound system played the background music loudly, and we, the guests, clapped our hands.

My lips parted in amusement when I saw Faith in her sparkling, light gray ball gown, while her hair was in a messy bun. She looked like a princess. Wow... She made a great transformation. Napakalayo sa isang boyish na bata na nakilala ko.

A photographer on the side kept capturing her.

"She looked like Ate Christy," Carlo said.

"Ganyan na ganyan ang itsura ni Ate Christy noong ganyang edad niya. Kamukha kasi nila ang asawa ni Pastor Rick. Ganyan din, maputi at kulot ang buhok," ani Kuya Joss.

"Nakita nga namin doon sa picture kanina..."

They kept talking about Faith while the host was honoring and admiring Faith. Then, they started the ceremony with an opening prayer that was led by Christy. Then, they proceeded.

Tiningnan ko si Faith na ngayon ay nakaupo sa couch. She still looked shy like she felt uncomfortable. Hindi tuloy siya nakangiti.

"Pakisabi nga kay Faith, ngumiti siya," ani Daniel sa amin. Nagtawanan naman kami.

"Di naman talaga pala-ngiti 'yan," ani Nathan.

"Pala-ngiti 'yan dati bago mamatay si Pastor Rick," sabi naman ni Daniel.