Cherry Blossoms

💗 : Haisy
.
.
.

Where are you taking me?”

“Oh, just come on.”

Hailey makes a noise of complaint, her free hand toying with the black cloth tied around her eyes, making it impossible to see anything. All she could do was trust Daisy and follow her.

She wouldn’t take off the blindfold until Daisy said so, though, if Daisy had something so important she had to blindfold Hailey to show it, it's probably important. She trusts her that much.

“Don’t take it off,” Daisy whined playfully, and Hailey struggled to hide her smile.

“Should've gotten me a red blindfold or something, I hate black,” Hailey played along, tugging Daisy's arm.

“We’re almost there,” Daisy spoke with an excited lilt to her voice, and Hailey was endeared just imagining her pretty smile.

Daisy slowed down, leading Hailey up a slightly higher path. Hailey felt something falling on her shoulder and flinched, grabbing at it. It felt like a petal.

“We’re here.”

Daisy reached behind her to untie the blindfold. When it was off, Hailey blinked and squinted, her eyes adjusting to the light again.

What she saw took her breath away.

A huge tree, filled with pink cherry blossoms, some of them falling over them. They seemed to be on a small hill, some flowers growing here and there, but the tree’s beauty shone brighter.

“Woah.” Hailey dragged her fingers over the tree trunk, smiling gently at the petals falling on her hair. “This is… beautiful.”

Daisy smiled wistfully, her eyes holding a million fond memories. “My mother planted it when she was a child. It's become so big and beautiful, hasn’t it?”

“It has,” Hailey agreed, “just like you.”

“Hailey, I need to tell you something.”

Hailey looked back at the girl younger yet so much wiser, her hair flowing in the cool air, her shy smile making her appear as the most beautiful person to exist, that she is.

“Hailey Austin, I love you.”

Hailey smiled. She should be surprised, considering her previous thoughts and insecurities on how Daisy would react to her feelings. But deep down, she always knew they were meant to be. The demons in her head can't ruin it.

“I love you too, Daisy Chandler.”