Hold Me Tight

💗 : Lander
3 times Luke lifted Zander up + 1 time Zander lifted Luke up.
.
.
.

1. 🖥️

"Woahh, that guy is so strong."

Zander nodded in agreement, amazed by the strength of the main hero. "He lifted her without a problem!"

"Do you think I can lift you like that?" Luke wondered out loud, letting go of Zander from where they were lying on the couch watching TV.

"We're 10, he's, like, 30 or something!"

"You're still pretty light." Luke suddenly smirked and started attacking Zander with tickles.

Zander yelled in protest in between giggles before Luke suddenly lifted him, legs shaky.

"See, I'm too heavy! Let me down!"

"Noooo, you're not! I can lift you, see?"

Zander rolled his eyes at Luke's weak smile, regret clear, and pinched his elbow hard enough for Luke to yelp and let Zander fall onto the couch.

"You're meannnnn."

"Oh, shush. Come here."

Luke pouted for 10 seconds more before Zander hugged him, his pout disappearing at the gesture.

"I'm still mad."

"Sure you are."

It's not like Zander would believe that with Luke's cute smile plastered on his face.

2. 🚑

"Zander."

"I don't want to go out of here."

"Please..."

"It's embarrassing!" Zander yelled. "I can't go out there after everyone watched me get beat the shit out of by Drew's goons."

Luke sighed—he couldn't disagree it's embarrassing. He looked around the nurse's office blankly. What can he do?

Oh.

"How about... I give you a piggyback ride?"

Zander looked at him as if he's gone crazy, his ears turned red. "W-what?"

"You know, then you can hide your face behind me, I'll make sure to kick anyone who says anything to you."

Zander turned around in bed, his eyes so soft and tired. "You'll take me home?"

"I always will."

Zander sat up and jumped in Luke's arms, tears spilling out of his eyes.

"Please, always do."

3. 📜

"Zander..."

No response.

"Please, let me come in.

Silence.

"Baby..."

Instead of a response, Luke was met with the sound of a lock unlocking. The door didn't open, a footstep and then silence. Luke opened it himself and was met with a back facing him.

Before he could call out again, Zander spoke. "I don't want to talk about it."

Luke shuts his mouth. He wordlessly wrapped his arms around Zander's waist, his breath warm on Zander's neck and he could hear Zander sniffle.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk. I'm still here for you."

Zander turned around to fully hug him. They stayed in that position for a moment, Luke rubbing circles on Zander's back and kissing his forehead whenever he sniffled.

Suddenly Luke picked him up bridal style, carrying him to lay him down on his bed and lay with him. Once they're both settled in, Luke nuzzles his nose against Zander's neck, and Zander sighs, his sniffles calming down.

"Luke."

"Mmmh?"

"I love you."

Luke smiled, pressing a kiss to Zander's neck and cherishing the happy hum he'd heard for the first time since this morning when Zander didn't get accepted into his dream college of 5 years. "I love you too."

+1. 🔔

"I now pronounce you two husbands, Mr. and Mr. Wickham Peterson. You may kiss the groom."

The dimpled smile that hadn't disappeared for the past 5 minutes pressed against his own smile and he loved it, Luke's hand holding Zander's cheek as tenderly as their first kiss 10 years ago despite it being the start of a new chapter in their life. What he didn't expect though, is for the said dimpled boy to grab his thigh and lift him up as soon as they parted.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get the cake!" Jake shouted from beside Zander. Luke held on tightly to Zander who only smiled, carrying him towards the cake like it was so easy.

"Why—" Luke questioned, flustered, but Zander answered before he finished.

"You've lifted me up my whole life, metamorphically and literally, I should return the favor, right?"

Luke laughed when Zander's face reddened after saying it. "That was so cheesy."

"It's cute," Luke sighed, kissing Zander's cheeks after gently being put down on his feet, "you're cute. I love you."

"I love you too, forever and ever."