Late Night Talking

💗 : Jailey
.
.
.

Hailey's peaceful slumber was interrupted by a ringing voice in her ear. She groaned. Morning already? She reached out to shut up her alarm clock, eyes widening when she realized it wasn't the clock.

She sat up groggily, grabbing around for her ringing phone. She picked it up, raising her eyebrows when she recognized the caller ID.

Jake🎤 is calling...

She picked up the phone, putting it near her ear. "Hello?"

"Hailey!" Jake chirped when she picked up, sounding like a happy puppy. "Glad you picked up; I thought you were asleep."

"Well, I was, until you woke me up," she said. She heard the line go silent momentarily before Jake scrambled to explain.

"Oh, crap, sorry, it's literally the middle of the night and I should've known you would be sleeping like any other normal person. I'm—"

"Calm down," Hailey said, "it's not that big of a deal." She glanced at the clock. "But next time, try not to wake me up at 2 AM."

"Right," Jake said, "um, this is kinda stupid but..."

Hailey patiently waited for Jake to speak.

"It's just that, I kinda had a nightmare and I just calmed down a little but I'm still anxious and can't really sleep so..."

"Wait, why are you calling me?" Hailey asked.

The line went silent again. Jake spoke up again after almost a minute.

"It's just that, your voice really calms me and... yeah."

A soft smile crept on Hailey's lips. She leaned against the bed comfortably. "Well, maybe I can stay here for a moment. What do you want me to do?"

"Really?" Jake sounded as if he was in disbelief. "Oh, wow, um— I just wanted to get my mind off it so..."

"So," Hailey continued Jake's sentence, "we can talk. Ever heard of K-pop?"

"Yes!" He said excitedly. "I really like TXT!"

They ended up talking for two hours about anything and everything. Music, movies, and even cooking shows. It was exactly 4:14 AM when Hailey realized the time.

"Oh my god, it's 4 AM!" Hailey said. "It will be so hard to get up in the morning."

"True." Jake hummed, seemingly in no hurry.

"How are you feeling now?" Hailey asked carefully.

She could hear how content he was when he said, "I'm feeling a lot better now. Thank you."

Hailey grinned. "So, we should both go to sleep now?"

"I guess," Jake sighed as if it was an inconvenience, "good night, Hailey, and once again, thank you."

"Good night, Jake."