Still With You

💗 : Driamenry
.
.
.

His friendship with Liam and Henry is probably strange in someone else's eyes. He knows it's not really that common for friends to kiss and cuddle. But it all just feels so... Perfect. It's like this is exactly how they're supposed to be, to stay.

The way he feels about those two is different too. It's different from the brotherly urge he has to protect Daisy from any trouble. It's different from the burning, smitten love he once had for Jake and Zoey. It's more so a combination of the two.

When he looks at Liam, all he can think is that he's his world. That he wants him by his side forever, to do everything in his power just to keep him safe.

When he looks at Henry, he thinks that he's all he adores. So precious, making him smile and forget every pain. He wants to protect the little ball of sunshine.

Has he crossed the line between romantic and platonic, with thoughts like this? He doesn't know. His bond with Liam and Henry is stronger than that of friends or even best friends. Does he want them as his boyfriends? He has considered that. But he doesn't want anything to change. He's happy with the warm cuddles and affectionate kisses, only when they're alone, for them and them only, no one else.

How did the kissing and cuddling start though? Well...

When Jake left him, he was a mess.

It was the first time he'd lost someone he loved so much. It left a scar on his heart, and it won't ever be the same.

It hit him like a truck. He caused this. It was his mistake and it's all his fault he lost Jake. Not in his right mind, he changed, but not in the way you'd want. He changed as in changed his whole personality. Becoming someone too nice and not teasing anymore and just so distant and... cold. Changing until he didn't know who he was anymore.

He'd look in the mirror and think, Is this who I am? Is this who I should be?

Of course Liam and Henry noticed. He wasn't himself and he might've stayed that way if it wasn't for those two confronting him.

"I don't know who you think you're fooling, but it's not us. Please, Drew, don't hurt yourself like this."

"We're always here for you, you know that, right? Even after all this, we stayed, and we plan to stay."

He broke down in tears. They hugged him and they spent a long time together, talking about insecurities and reassurances.

Drew felt lighter than he had in a while. He hummed contently, already near to falling asleep.

"See, silly? You just had to talk to us," Henry had said playfully, running his hand through Drew's hair, causing his eyes to droop even more.

"Yeah... Thank you." He didn't receive any teasing, just warm gazes, and it made him feel loved.

After such emotional vulnerability, Drew didn't want to be alone. He drew small circles over Liam's hand, taking note of how Liam softly smiled.

"Can you guys stay the night? Please?"

Instead of hesitant nos, he was met with enthusiastic agreement.

"Yeah of course!"

"My dad would spend an hour lecturing me about why I should not walk home alone at night so... I can't go home even if I want to."