Chapter 11 |Heartbeat|

As I looked at the pregnancy tests, I started thinking about how much my life would change and how many sacrifices I would have to make. I'm having a baby with the man that I love. My biggest fear is that if I tell Joe he wouldn't be too happy. In fact, I don't think I would be a great mother. I may be good with children including my nephew, Juelz. But right now, I'm scared of being responsible for another life for a lifetime. The big question for me is, "How am I going to tell Joe this?" I'd figure I'll tell him in the morning. I threw the pregnancy tests in the little trash can, flushed the toilet, washed my hands, and exited the bathroom. I came back into the room to see Joe laying down in the bed watching tv with nothing but briefs on. I took off my clothes and was in nothing but my bra and lace underwear. I crawled into the bed next to him snuggling into him.

"Hey baby, what took you so long?," he asked, putting his arm around me and kissing my head.

"Just had to get rid of the digested food in my stomach." Joe quickly looked at me.

"Number one or number two," he asked. I sat up and hit him on the arm.

"Joseph!"

"Hey, I'm just making sure you didn't murder the bathroom. It was probably screaming for dear life while you were in there," he said, chuckling. I hit him again.

"That's not funny, Joe," I said, trying not to smile, but instantly failed.

"Alright, baby I'm sorry. Lay down baby girl, I'm just messing with you," he said. I snuggled into him under the covers and closed my eyes.

"Beyoncé?"

"Hm?"

"Did you at least spray?," he asked. I instantly opened my eyes, sat up, and hit him again.

"Babe!"

"I'm sorry, baby. Go to sleep," he said, chuckling. I felt another kiss on my head.

"Good night, baby girl," Joe whispered.

"Good night," I said, softly. Then sleep soon took over me and I instantly fell asleep.

~

I woke up to the sun coming through the blinds. I wiped the sleep out of my eyes and saw that Joe wasn't by my side. I heard the shower running so I guess Joe was taking a shower. I slowly sat up on the bed and started thinking about how I was gonna tell Joe about this pregnancy. I didn't want to keep it from him because I didn't want him to be upset with me. It would sure as hell eat me up inside. The bathroom door opened and Joe came out with nothing but a towel around his waist and his long raven hair damp down his back. God this man was hot! Everyday I wake up and look at this man and see how lucky I am.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said, smiling.

"Good morning," I said back. He climbed into the bed, kissed my belly and then my lips. He sat up and looked at me with the same smile. What has this man smiling early in the morning?

"What's up with you?," I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You come out of the bathroom smiling hard like you won the lottery. What's going on with you?"

"Nothing really," he told me.

"So you're just happy over nothing?," I asked.

"Maybe, maybe not." I sighed. This man was being difficult. Joe was happy about something but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Ok," I said, slowly. I figured that telling Joe about this pregnancy would be good just to get it out of the way. I sighed and looked at Joe.

"Joe, there's something I got to tell you," I told him.