Chapter 24 |Announcement|

Today is the day of the Anoa'i Family Reunion. I got JoJo dressed and ready. Then I took a shower and got dressed in my Isabel Marant asymmetrical dress + Alexander McQueen Resort fishbone platform sandals. I flat ironed my blonde hair as Joe got in and out of the shower. He came out of the shower with a towel over his waist with his wet black raven hair dripping down his body.

"Like what you see?," he asked, with a smirk. I got up and seductively walked over to him and put my arms around his neck.

"I do actually. But instead of trying to entertain me with your sexiness, you should get probably dressed," I said, purposely breaking the mood. Joe sighed and sucked his teeth causing me to giggle.

"Get dressed," I said, then I kissed him. Joe got dressed and out his long damp black hair in a bun at the nape of his neck. I grabbed my purse and all three of us walked out of the door. Joe locked the front door and we walked to the car. I opened the back door and put JoJo in her car seat and making sure it was secure. After that, Joe opened the passenger door for me an closed it before walking to the driver's side and getting in the car.

"Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome," he said back. He started the car and we drove off. Soon we got to Anoa'i Family house and heard music coming from the inside and people. Joe parked the car, killed the engine, and looked at me.

"Are you ready?," he asked.

"Yeah," I said, softly.

"Ok, let's go." Joe got out of the car and opened the door for me on the passenger's side and helped me out.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." We walked up to the house and Joe opened the door and went inside. I saw people dancing, talking, laughing, eating, and drinking. We went into the kitchen and greeted Patricia, Trinity, Summer, Vanessa, and Myritza.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Hey," the women said.

"There's my baby and my favorite daughter in law," Patricia said, walking towards us giving us hugs and kisses on the cheek.

"It's nice to see you, Mama Pat. How you been?"

"Oh I've been fine. Just living life to the fullest actually," she said. I hugged Trinity, Summer, Vanessa, and Myritza.

"Ooh, I like you're outfit by the way," Trinity said.

"Thank you."

"Mhmm, Imma start going shopping with you because your outfits be cute," she finished.

"Thank you," I said, again.

There was one other person that I didn't hope and expect to see... Galina! Surprisingly, Joe kept his cool and decided not to make a scene. I didn't pay her no mind when she kept glaring at us. He's mine. He doesn't want you. Move the hell on. It's sad how she pays so much attention towards our relationship that she barely pays any attention to her own daughter.

"Alright, baby. Imma go see how my dad is doing, okay?"

"Yeah, tell your dad I said hi," I said, softly.

"Ok," he said. Then he softly kissed me earning awes from all the women well except for one particular person. He held my hand leaving until we couldn't hold hands anymore. I got a quick glance at Galina and she looked jealous and furious. Whose fault is it that she ruined her relationship with Joe? Her of course and it's a good thing that she did because I wouldn't be with Joseph and we wouldn't be having a baby on the way either. I heard the bell rang and decided to get it but I was too late. Joe got to the door first and opened it. I saw my mother, Solange, Juelz, Kelly and Daniel. I jogged over to them and hugged them. We let them in the house and the two families started greeting each other. Juelz started playing with JoJo and the other kids in the backyard while the ladies were talking and cooking. My mother and Solange decided to help cook the food.

"Now that we're waiting for some of the food to cook, we all should have a glass of wine," Trin said.

"Yeah, Imma need it for being in this hot kitchen cooking all day. Mom do you want a glass?," Summer asked.

"No, thank you, honey. I'm fine," she said.

"Ok, Miss Tina and Solange would you like a glass of wine?"

"No thank you baby. I'm not really a drinker," she said.

"Oh, come on, mama. Just this one time. Please," Sol pleaded. My mother smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Ok, I'll have a drink," she said. How come she gets my mother to do stuff but I can't that's not fair? Maybe because she's my little sister and she's spoiled rotten.

"You spoiled brat," I remarked, playfully. Solange stuck her tongue out at me. Summer got seven wine glasses and poured red wine in all of them and started handing them out. Once she handed me a glass, I declined.

"Oh no, I can't drink any," I said. My mother, Solange, and Trinity nearly choked on their drinks and looked at me like I was crazy because they know I love drinking wine every once in a while.

"Beyoncé, you haven't turned down wine before. What changed?," Solange asked, curiously. I had to lie.

"Well, I figured that um I'd take a break from the wine and just drink water for a while, you know?" Everybody else seemed to believe me except my mother and Solange. They know me from top to bottom. But they decided to let it go. Soon the food was done and we were setting the table and putting the food on the table.

"Alright guys, food is ready," I yelled. In two seconds, the guys and the kids were already at the table, including Joe. I smiled and shook my head and sat down next to JoJo. The last person I expected to sit by JoJo and a couple inches next to me was Galina. All three of us didn't pay her no mind. Once everyone was seated, we all held hands and closed our eyes as Sika said grace, blessing the food.

"In Jesus name, we pray. Amen," Sika finished.

"Amen," we all said. I decided to make JoJo's plate first before I eat. I made her plate and put it in front of her and she began to eat. Then I made myself a plate and began to eat. The whole time at the table it was nothing but great conversation and laughter. Our families were getting along and it made me happy.

"You think now is the perfect time to tell them?," I whispered to Joe. He nodded. As soon as it was the perfect time to get everyone's attention, he took the opportunity.

"Everyone, we have an announcement to make and this is the perfect time to tell you guys this," Joe said.

"So, Joe and I discovered that something was wrong with me. So we went to the doctor and she found a growth inside of me--"

"Please don't tell me you have some type of cancer," my mother interrupted, getting a little emotional.

"No mom. It was something else," I told her.

"It was something that we wanted for the past two years. But decided to wait until we were married. So we're proud to announce that there will be a new addition to the Anoa'i and Knowles family," I finished. The whole room was filled with excitement. My mother was crying. We showed everyone the sonogram of the baby and our families were in awe and everyone congratulated us on the pregnancy.

"How far along are you?," Trinity asked.

"Five and a half weeks," I said. As soon as everyone calmed down, I got everyone's attention again.

"Now that you guys know this, it's important that you don't tell anyone because of course we wanna tell the whole world but this is one of the most important things of our life. We're very private and the last thing we want is the stupid tabloids to make up so ridiculous story about my pregnancy," I finished. Everyone agreed and understood why were not ready to tell the world about our little bundle of joy.

"So when do you plan on telling the whole world about the pregnancy because you can't hide it forever," Patricia said.

"I figured if I start showing, I'll tell the world but until then I'm not ready to."

"You do know the Billboard Awards is coming up in a month? Did your doctor say it's alright for you to perform?," my mother asked.

"Yeah," I answered. To be honest, I'm really scared to be performing while I'm pregnant because you never know what's going to happen. Anything can happen so I have my fingers crossed and I pray that everything is gonna be okay especially my baby.