Chapter 31 |Reunited|

It's been three days since I gave birth and I'm still extremely on Cloud 9. I still can't believe that I'm a mother. My life has simply changed since Blue came into the world and I have to say that I am by far the luckiest woman in the world to be her mother. Before becoming a mother, I never really got that feeling when you fall in love in with the life that you bought into this world but by experience, I deeply fell hard and if I could rewind and do it all over again, I would. All the decisions I made in my life and the pain that I went through all lead to Blue being here and I don't regret any of the decisions I made. Joe has changed me as a person and I would not be the woman I am today if I did not go home to that man. This baby has made me fall even more in love with him than I could love another human being. With Joe, it just feels like we're one and-- I can't explain it...

Word had got out that I gave birth and it was in the magazines and in the blogs. The whole world was desperate for pictures of our daughter but it wasn't nor easy or that simple. Joe and I didn't just want to bring Blue into this world and start taking pictures and putting them out. We wanted to have as much privacy with her as possible before we do that and we want our daughter to have a normal life. Dr. Williams suggested that I be put on bed rest for a little while since I was in a little in pain after giving birth.

JoJo is indeed overprotective of her baby sister just like her daddy and it's so cute. My mother finally found a place up here in Pensacola. She decided not to move back to New York only because she just wants to be closer to me and the baby. My father has finally signed the divorce papers after giving up trying to win my mother's heart. A lot has happened. But the only thing we can do is move forward and start a new life.

I held little Blue as she was sleeping on my chest. I lightly touched her soft little black hair and her finger. One of the most precious things she would do as she slept, was smile. Oh that perfect smile! She would even smile with her pacifier in her mouth. It's so cute. Soon Joe came into the room.

"Hey baby girl," he whispered.

"Hey," I said back. He gently got on the bed and looked at Blue.

"Is she still asleep?"

"Yeah."

"I've been looking into the blogs and everything and they really want pictures of Blue."

"More like desperate," I retorted, causing Joe to chuckle.

"But Joe, it's not easy. I just want her to have a normal life," I finished.

"So do I, babe, but we can't hide her from the world forever," he told me.

"I know," I muttered. Then the doorbell rang. Who could that be at this hour?

"I'll get it," Joe said, getting up. Joe walked out of the room and Blue began to stir. Missing your daddy already huh? I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and a couple of seconds later, I saw Joe and my dad. My dad? What is he doing here? I began to feel uneasy at this point and Joe must have sensed it.

"Babe, relax. I called him and told him it was alright to see the baby." I looked at my father and he looked at the baby.

"She looks just like you, Joe," he said.

"May I?," he asked. My father wanted to hold her. I looked at Joe and he gave me a nod.

"Sure." My father sat on the bed and I carefully put Blue into my father's arms. I looked at my father and he had a smile on my face. That same smile I saw when I first learned how to ride a bike.

"What's her name?," he asked.

"Blue Ivy," I told him. A couple minutes as he was holding Blue, she opened her eyes for a couple of seconds and she began to fuss a little, knowing that Mama wasn't holding her. I gently took Blue from my father and laid her on my chest. She opened her eyes again for a couple of seconds and began to calm down. My father looked at her one last time and gently got off of the bed. Joe and my father were now face to face and I was scared that my father was gonna say something stupid.