Chapter 21 |1+1|

A New Year (2011)

Joe and I have been trying for a baby over and over and over and still no baby. It's not Joseph. He has a child already and that leads to me knowing that something is wrong with me. We went to the doctor and everything and she said that everything was good but I just don't get why I'm not pregnant yet. So I just decided to take a break from trying to conceive a child and work on some things that are going on in my life right now.

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately and I'm stressed about whether I should do what I'm thinking about in reality. I've been thinking about dropping my father as my manager and managing myself. I feel like our relationship would be better if he wasn't my manager. At the end of the day, you need your support system and my parents and my husband are my support system. I wanna be able to talk to my father about other things other than just work. I don't know how my father is gonna take it but I know it's not gonna be good. My father called me and told that he had a good idea for my new album and told me to meet up with him in the studio. So I figured it would be a perfect opportunity to tell him how I'm feel. I arrived at the studio and went inside and saw my dad sitting down.

"Hey dad," I said, walking into the studio.

"Hey," he said, getting up and kissing me on the cheek.

"What's going on?," I asked.

"Nothing much. Just working on some stuff," he told me.

"I see. So you said you have an idea for my new album that I'm putting out this year?"

"Yeah. I was thinking that maybe you should collaborate Jay on a couple of songs that you wrote and work together." Ok, stop, and rewind. Is this man shitting me?

"Dad, Jay has been on a couple of my albums before so what makes you think I'm putting him in this one?"

"He wasn't on your last album so I figured you should put him on this one," he told me. He figured? What in the blue fuck was going through his mind?

"Let me put this through your thick head, okay? I will no longer work or collaborate on any song with Jay and he's not going to be on my album."

"Beyoncé, you're over exaggerating. It's just work," he said.

"Dad, what is so special about Jay that you have to pin him on me all the time, huh?," I asked. He shrugged his shoulders.

"He's a great artist and I'm pretty sure people would love to see you and him together again and collaborating in music together as well. Not be with a fake broke wrestler you call a husband." Ok, that was the last straw.

"Ok, dad you just cross the line talking about my husband. So now I'm talking to you as a business woman," I said. Now I don't feel so bad about firing my dad anymore and feel this is the exact perfect opportunity to tell him.

"You say bad things about my husband, bribe him into breaking up with me, invited Jay on my tour without talking to me, decide not to walk me down the aisle and now you want him on my album. What else do you want to do to fuck up our relationship?" He was bout to answer until I interrupted him.

"Don't answer that. You know what dad? I think it's best that we don't work together as business partners anymore. I've been putting up with your shit since I've introduced you to Joe and I don't think you'll ever change."

"You're firing me as you're manager?," he asked, shocked.

"No, I'm firing the man that's sitting right in front of me," I said, sarcastically.

"Did Joe put you up to this?"

"No, I decided to fire you myself because you're doing things that are pissing me off in the business venture and I'm sick and tired of your games when it comes to my career. My album is fine the way it is. I'm 29 years old and I'm getting too old for this shit. I don't even care if you don't like Joseph anymore because at the end of the day, he's someone I go home to and were both sleeping in the same bed. So since you like Jay so much, how about you become his manager, hook up and leave me the hell out of it." I was so fed up about my father's actions and I couldn't take it anymore. My relationship with my father was completely ruined and he didn't care. Never in a million years did I think I would talk to my father like that. But I feel like he deserved it. I don't know what else to do other than let go of my relationship with my dad. I got up and left the studio and flew back home. I wasn't gonna stay there with him for another second. I was so disgusted and I kept wondering why I didn't do this a long time ago.