Chapter 5 |VMAS|

I couldn't believe it was him. I couldn't believe he was here. It was Joe. His long hair pulled back into a low bun and wearing a black suit with a red tie. My hands were over my face and I felt my eyes tearing up.

"Oh my gosh," I said, with my hands still over my face. He smiled and walked over to me and gave me a hug. Kelly and Daniel both awed at us when he hugged me. I took my hands off my face and hugged Joe's waist. He kissed my cheek and hugged me tight as if he didn't want to let me go. As I looked in the corner of my eye, I saw that both Kelly and Daniel were video taping this moment on their phones and I didn't care. I missed Joe so much. The only time we would talk was FaceTime and go on little dates whenever we were off because we would travel to different cities and countries. I pulled away from him and carefully wiped my tears that fell from my eyes so I wouldn't mess up makeup.

"I thought you had a match tonight," I said.

"I did and it didn't last long. After my match was over, I got in touch with Kelly and Daniel and told them I wanted to surprise you today." I looked at my two best friends and mouthed "thank you" to them. Kelly gave me a big thumbs up and Daniel winked at me. I turned towards Joe and gave him another hug that lasted for a long time and he hugged me back instantly.

"Ok guys, enough of the lovey dovey moment. The limo is outside and we got to go before were late," Kelly said, ruining the moment. I groaned loudly and Joe and I hesitantly pulled away from each other. All four of us walked out of the hotel and got inside the limo. Joe and I sat right by each other and Kelly and Daniel sat across from us. I laid my head on his shoulder and he intertwined our fingers together and kissed the back of my hand. Then kissed my head. Kelly and Daniel both awed us again.

I blushed extra hard and saw that Joe was smiling. My feelings were really growing for this man and it just felt so right.

"Y'all look so cute," Kelly said.

"For real, you do."

Before we know it, the limo stops and the limo driver gets out of the car and opens the backseat door for all four of us. We get out of the limo and the entrance is filled with paparazzi taking pictures, and asking stupid questions. We hurry inside the building and soon see a red carpet and other celebrities having their pictures being taken. Kelly walks out to the red carpet and poses in her blue dress. After she got her pictures taken, I walked out to get mine taken and started posing and smiling for the cameras. I hear and see flashes from the cameras and hear the paparazzi calling my name. I looked to the side and wave over Joe and Daniel to come and takes some pictures. They walk over to me and Kelly comes out of nowhere to take a picture to. We soon get a picture with us altogether and Kelly and Daniel walked off to the side where it's just me and Joe. We take a couple of last pictures together and we leave the red carpet....

The VMAS has started off with a tribute to Michael Jackson and a performance by his Janet performing "Scream."

Then Katy Perry and Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry played "We Will Rock You." Soon the night's first moon men award was for "Best Female Video." I was one of the nominees and Taylor Swift had won the award. Kanye looked shocked and he got up from his seat and went on stage and took the microphone.

"I'm really happy for you. I'm gonna let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time." The crowd booed Kanye and I had a shocked look on my face. As I look at Taylor who was still on stage, she was nearly about to cry. How can he do that to a 17 year old girl and ruin her moment like that? I appreciate him thinking that I should've won the award but I can't win everything. You can be a fantastic artist, put your heart and soul into everything that you worked hard on, and still lose.

"I feel bad for her. He didn't need to do that though," Joe said.

"Yeah, I know. I get that he wanted me to win that award but that was unnecessary," I said.