Today is different

Dear Diary,
            Today will be different. It has to be. I will smile and it will be believable. It will say I'm fine, thank you. Yes I feel much better. I no longer want to be seen as the sad little girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh and be a better me. It's the only way I'll make it through.

: :

I walk downstairs and set my bags on the table in the kitchen. I see my aunt Jenna and kissed her on the cheek.

" Toast, I can make toast." Aunt Jenna said. I smile at her.

" It's all about the coffee auntie J. It's our fuel." I said as Elena came next to me and poured herself some.

" Is there coffee?" Jeremy asked coming down stairs. He smiled at me and I smiled back while nodding that there was coffee.

" It's your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared." Aunt Jenna said going through her purse. I shook my head at Jeremy as he took Elena's coffee. He winked at me taking a sip.

" Lunch money?" Aunt Jenna asked. I shook my head as Jeremy took the money making me roll my eyes. " Anything else? A number 2 pencil?" Jenna asked sarcastically. I went next to Jeremy.

" I'm still driving you to school right?" I asked him. I have my own car. I brought with the money I made from working at the grill from time to time.

" You still offering?" Jeremy asked. I hit him in the back of his head.

" I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't J." I said to him playfully glaring. He shook his head with a smile.

" Then of course you are Lizzie." Jeremy said. I suddenly remembered something.

" Auntie J don't you have that presentation today?" I asked her knowing she was probably running late by now.

" I was supposed to be meeting with my thesis advisor at... now, crap." Aunt Jenna said taking her hair out of her bun.

" Go we'll be fine." Elena said smiling at Aunt Jenna slightly. She looked to me and I nodded telling her to go. Aunt Jenna smiled and left.  Elena turned to Jeremy and I.

" You guys okay?" Me and Jeremy looked at each other. We rolled our eyes.

" Don't start." Jeremy said taking my hand and pulling me with him outside.

" Hey I left my coffee!" I told Jeremy. He know I need my coffee this early in the morning.

" Here take mine, now let's go lizzie." Jeremy said throwing me the keys.

" Don't rush me little brother!" I said teasing him. He rolled his eyes.

" By a year Aliza!!" Jeremy said groaning. I smiled at him and winked playfully.

" Yea what ever." I said pulling out of my parking spot.

" What was it you were telling me about Bonnie the other day?" Jeremy asked. I tell him everything. You can't expect me not to tell him. What ever I say or do goes through him first.

" Oh she said that Grams told her that she's like a psychic or something like that. Her ancestors are from salem. She said Grams was going on and on about it." I told my little brother. He shook his head and laughed.

" They need to put that women in a home. It's about time." Jeremy said. I slapped his chest playfully and laughed with him. These are the moments I cherish the most. I sudden see a crow fly on the top of my car.

" Look J it's a crow! It's beautiful too." I said acting like a child. Jeremy chuckling at my antics.

" Eyes on the road pleasee." He said pointing to the road. I rolled my eyes.