Smart Idea

*Long chapter!*

Klaus voice over:

They say the passage of time will heal all wounds. But, the greater the loss, the deeper the cut, and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering, and make the bearer all the more resolved never to be wounded again. So, as time moves along, we get lost in distractions. Act out in frustration. React with aggression. Give in to anger. And, all the while, we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger, and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed. Ready to begin anew.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A couple days have past and Aliza and Hayley approach Jackson and Emery as the four watch Oliver and another wolf sparring and wrestling outside. Damon and Stefan weren't with her because they were with Kol and Jeremy still trying to find Hadrian and Tyler, trying to get them back from where ever he was because Hadrian had some serious explaining to do.

"Shouldn't you be out there playing Fight Club with the rest of the frat boys?" Aliza smirks over at her cousin as her new best laughs.

"Nah. That's just for pecking order." Jackson smirks back. "They already know who's the Alpha."

"Ohh! Next up!" A werewolf shouts.

Aliza's hand shoots up only to be put down by Jackson. "You are not going in there."

"Why not?" Aliza pouts.

"Because your pregnant." Jackson and Emery say together stating the obvious.

"So? I can still beat them pregnant or not." Aliza gives them a look. Hayley watches in amusement.

"I don't doubt that." Emery laughs.

"Me either, but you're still not going up there." Jackson says protectively.

"That sucks." Aliza whines.

Jackson rolls his eyes and goes to walk making sure they were following as Emery placed a arm around the pregnant girls shoulders. They walk inside, where the rest of the Crescent wolves are setting the table for dinner.

"You gotta try Tucker's ribs." Emery tells Aliza and Hayley.

"Then, what? Then we're gonna go play horseshoes?" Hayley teases.

"That's a good one." Aliza laughs high-fiving the werewolf.

Jackson laughs. "Hey! Don't mock country living, darlin'."

"Sorry. This is just a lot more family fun than I'm used to." Hayley says seriously.

"Same." Aliza says. "At this point I only have my mates, brother, my dad, my two uncles and a little girl that has became my daughter."

"Well you have us now." Emery nudges the girl making her smile.

"And, maybe I can help you both get used to it." Jackson smiles at his cousin and supposed to be wife.

"Then all we got to do is just forget that she spent half her life with humans, and the other half with vampires." Oliver joins looking at Hayley then two Aliza. "And the same with you, raised by humans and your in a family of Originals."

"Back off, Oliver." Emery steps in front of the Mikealson girl.

"No, It's okay." Hayley starts.

"If the runt of the litter has got something to say, he should say it." Aliza steps up. "Unless he's too much of a bitch because either way I'm stronger than you."