Chapter 1

"Hurry up, Sooyoung

"Hurry up, Sooyoung. It's about to start!" Ara calls out.

The blonde woman hurriedly makes her way over to the couch, plopping down between her brother Mingi and her best friend.

Right there in the living room, Sooyoung's family has gathered to watch the premiere of the fifth episode of her show. Into the Night was Sooyoung's first opportunity to have a lead role in a show and her family has been extremely supportive.

The series has something for everyone, crime, mystery and adventure, so it's something all of them enjoy doing together. Sooyoung also just loves seeing their reactions as the show unfolds.

She turns her attention to the screen just as the theme song begins to play.

The episode starts from where the last one left off and her character, Yeji, faces her first day back at her university since her father's murder. She's not only still grieving but is extremely paranoid since the police have no leads so far. She's worried she might be next.

But the student she met when she got lost on her first day, Dohun, serves as comic relief. He's a quirky and cheerful character, always looking to have a good time. The characters contrast in that manner, with Yeji being the more serious of the two.

But they have quickly developed a friendship throughout the first few weeks of school. He will soon become her love interest but the viewers don't know that yet.

Sooyoung smiles to herself when she sees how her best friend and family have completely immersed themselves in the show, unable to take their eyes off the screen. This means more to her than any fame could.

"Wait, that's it?" Her mother gasps when the hour long episode comes to an end.

"The brother is suspicious, I don't like him." Mingi wrinkles his nose.

"The father was weird too, how come his kids never knew what he did for a living?" Sooyoung's dad ponders out loud.

Sooyoung just watches on as they discuss the show amongst themselves, throwing out different theories about who could've murdered Yeji's father.

"Let me guess, no spoilers?" Sooyoung's teenaged brother turns to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope." She quips with a warm smile. "You know the rule."

"Ugh, you're lame." The red haired boy rolls his eyes and gets up from the couch, leaving the living room. Typical.

"We're going to get ready for bed." Sooyoung's mother announces, standing up as well. "Make sure you two clean up." She instructs.

Ara and Sooyoung nod and the parents leave the two women alone in the living room.

"That was so good, seriously!" Ara gushes, shaking Sooyoung's shoulder.