Chapter 12

Sooyoung's alarm goes off early the next morning, effectively disturbing her sleep

Sooyoung's alarm goes off early the next morning, effectively disturbing her sleep. But it's not like she got that much rest, anyway.

Unlike the previous night when she had her soulmate by her side, she kept waking up during the night. She's sure Jimin had the same issue, but it would've been nearly impossible for them to meet up so late.

That's why this morning, her body feels like it's made of lead.

"Coffee, I need coffee.." She mumbles to herself through a mouthful of toothpaste as she freshens up. She then stumbles through her room like a zombie, throwing on some comfortable clothes for the flight.

Only a few minutes later, she gets a text from Jimin that he's outside and the "coast is clear". She's assuming that means no paparazzi waiting on her front lawn. Perfect.

Not even her parents are up because it's so early, so Sooyoung just rolls her suitcase downstairs and checks her purse for her essentials. Then she's out the door.

The sun is just starting to rise, so the sky is full of beautiful orange and yellow hues.

She lets out a yawn, quickly making her way to the car that is waiting for her. After putting the suitcase in the trunk, she gets in the passenger's seat.

"Good morning." Says Jimin.

"Morning." She grumbles, rubbing her eyes.

"You didn't sleep well either, huh?" Sooyoung shakes her head in response, too tired to speak. As she leans her head against the window, Jimin's hand easily finds hers. His touch sends instant warmth up her arm and through the rest of her body.

A ghost of a smile appears on her lips as Jimin starts to drive.

________

"Please tell me we have time for coffee." Sooyoung pleads when they step inside.

"Yeah, we're just taking care of some last minute stuff. I'll make you some." Jimin tries to part from her so he can enter the kitchen, but she holds his hand tight. This makes him raise an eyebrow, the corner of his mouth lifting to form a smirk. "You're clingy today, aren't you?"

"No! I..I'm doing this for our sake, not for personal reasons." She explains, the accusation making her cheeks feel warm. "Can I please just have my coffee?"

"Sure thing." He chuckles, taking her with him to the kitchen. He fetches a cup from the cupboard and then he starts up the coffee machine.

While they wait, Sooyoung listens to the conversations happening around them.

"Hyung, do you think we should go in two cars or three?" Questions Namjoon.

"Three to be safe." Seokjin says. "We have a lot of luggage."

"Has anyone seen my phone charger?" Taehyung calls out loud, looking around frantically.

"Skye texted, she said they just woke up." Iris announces.