Chapter 17

"

"..so she said her cat will probably give birth in a few weeks and she would be more than happy to give us some from the litter..Sooyoung? Are you listening?"

"Hm?" The blonde lifts her head from where it rests on her palm. Although she is the one who insisted on keeping her best friend company during her lunch break, she can't seem to stay awake.

"You've been half asleep this entire time, even after having coffee." Ara gestures to her almost empty coffee cup.

"I'm sorry, I'm just.." She yawns, rubbing at her eyes. "..I haven't seen Jimin oppa since yesterday afternoon."

"Sooyoung, that's a long time!" Ara scolds, her firm tone contrasting with the gentle way she pets the kitten in her lap. "Why aren't you with him right now? No wonder you aren't feeling well!"

"I'm not with him because I haven't seen my bestie in a whole entire week." Sooyoung pouts, giving her puppy dog eyes. "Didn't you miss me?"

"Of course I did." Ara replies. "But your health is important."

"I know, I know." Sooyoung sighs. "I'll text him."

Ara stares at her expectantly and Sooyoung stares back. "Why aren't you taking out your phone?"

"I'm scared."

"Sooyoung, if you don't text this man right now-"

"He's scary! No, let me rephrase that, he's intimidating. He also loves making fun of me because I have a crush on him."

"Maybe he's doing that to hide his crush on you." Ara wriggles her eyebrows suggestively.

"I seriously doubt that, but okay." She rolls her eyes.

"Yah, didn't he give you his sweater yesterday?"

"Well, um.." Sooyoung trails off, not sure what to say to that. Luckily, the sound of her phone ringing comes to her rescue. "Oh look, it's Haewon! Sorry, I gotta answer this."

The actress picks up the phone with a relieved smile. "Hello?"

"Hey Sooyoung, are you home?"

"Not at the moment, why?"

"Oh, I wanted to drop off your script for the first episode. I got it from the director this morning."

"Script?" Sooyoung repeats, her eyes wide with excitement. "Okay, I'll be home in fifteen minutes!"

"Sooyoung, there's no rush." Haewon reassures her. "Filming doesn't start for another two wee-"

"I'm leaving now, I'll see you there!" The actress jumps up from her seat, kissing Ara's forehead. "I gotta go. Love you, see you soon."

"Yeah, yeah, you better talk to that soulmate of yours!"

"I will, I promise!"

________