Chapter 19

Sooyoung hums the lyrics of Dope to herself as she fixes her hair in the mirror

Sooyoung hums the lyrics of Dope to herself as she fixes her hair in the mirror. It's been stuck in her head ever since yesterday's dance practice. For the past two weeks, she has been accompanying the boys to their practices as they prepare for their comeback.

But now today is her big moment, her first day of filming.

Once she's ready, she hops down the stairs with a bright smile on her face. She already had a quick breakfast, so she just grabs her purse and heads out the door.

Per usual, there is paparazzi waiting outside. But today, that doesn't faze her. And it has something to do with the tall man coming her way.

He easily brushes past the crowd to stand at the bottom of her front steps. "Ready to go, Ms. Kang?"

"Yes, I'm ready." She nods, following his lead to the car. His large stature does a wonderful job of guarding Sooyoung from the crowd and his presence itself causes them to part to let the pair through.

Once they reach the luxurious black car parked just outside the house, he opens the door for her.

"Thank you." Sooyoung nods gratefully, climbing into the backseat.

Who is this mysterious man, you may be wondering? None other than Mr. Choi, the bodyguard and personal chauffeur Jimin insisted on hiring for Sooyoung.

Through his connections, he was able to acquire one of the best in the city. Sooyoung was hesitant about the arrangement at first, but Mr. Choi is a polite and quiet man despite his intimidating size. Not to mention, he gets the job done. She doesn't feel so worried about going out alone anymore.

"You have the location I sent you, right?" She asks as he pulls off from his parking spot.

"Yes ma'am." He replies.

Sooyoung smiles to herself as she gazes out the window. The sun is bright and the sun is clear. Today is gonna be a good day.

_______

The actress sits in her chair, quietly reciting her lines as she gets her hair styled.

"There's the superstar!" Haewon announces as she waltzes into the dressing room.

"Oh my goodness, you scared me!" Sooyoung giggles, putting a hand over her heart.

Her manager looks as excited as ever. In fact, the whole studio seems to be buzzing with energy. It's the first day of hopefully a few amazing months of filming.

"Are you ready to get started?"

"Well yeah, I've been waiting for this day for a long time." The actress smiles. "I can tell this season is gonna turn out great."

"Perfect. When you're done, you can follow me and you'll start filming the car scene with Jaehyun."

"Okay, sounds good."