Chapter 2

When Sooyoung wakes up the next morning, she is met with a few new text messages

When Sooyoung wakes up the next morning, she is met with a few new text messages. One is from her manager Haewon, reminding her about the interview and reassuring her that she will meet Sooyoung there at the studio.

The other is from an unknown number. Same one as last night. She squints at her phone as she reads it, not quite believing her eyes.

Unknown Number

i sincerely apologize for last night.
please delete my number, i will not message you again.

it's alright!
i actually enjoyed talking to you

Sure, Sooyoung expected the man to be embarrassed when he realized what he did last night. But what she didn't expect was a rigid, serious apology like that. If it was her, she would just be laughing off the situation. After all, it was a drunken mistake. Definitely not something he should be beating himself up over.

But despite him being drunk, Sooyoung remembers that the man was pretty guarded when it came to his identity. Maybe he's a celebrity or something?

Sooyoung's eyes drift to the time on her phone and she quickly hops out of bed, pushing the intriguing thought out of her mind. She needs to get ready now or she's going to be late.

Even though Sooyoung now has a bit more fame than before, she still very much dresses herself. So after taking a quick shower, she puts on a lime green pantsuit. The top is left unbottoned and she has on a black halter top underneath. She slips a belt around her waist, puts some clips in her hair, and dabs some light makeup on. Now she's ready.

Everyone else in the house is long gone, already having left for school and work. So Sooyoung makes a quick breakfast of coffee and scrambled eggs.

After eating, she practically runs out the door and into her car. She pulls out of the driveway, making her way to the studio that the interview is supposed to take place in.

"Kang Sooyoung?" She arrives right on time and she is politely greeted by a staff member.

"Yes, that's me." She nods.

"Perfect, come this way." He leads her through the halls until they reach the backstage area.

Waiting there is Haewon, Jaehyun and his manager Minjun.

"I'm not late, am I?" Sooyoung winces as she enters the room.

"No, you're fine." Jaehyun chuckles, his silvery brown locks falling right above his eyes when he shakes his head.