Chapter 8

"Yah, get up already

"Yah, get up already."

Sooyoung groans when she feels her body being shaken roughly. "What do you want?"

"It's literally almost one in the afternoon, you've been sleeping all day."

"Huh?" She mumbles, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. Mingi is standing in front of her with a bored look on his face, his bright red hair gleaming in the afternoon sun.

"What, you partied too hard last night?" He scoffs.

"Oh, shut up." She yawns, looking down at herself to see that she is still in her dress from last night. Not only did she sleep for an absurd amount of time, she also neglected to get changed before going to bed. This is so unlike her.

"Uh, did you do that?" Mingi raises an eyebrow, pointing to her wrist.

"What are you talking abou...oh shit." Sooyoung's eyes widen as much as saucers as she holds her arm up in front of her face, turning her wrist inwards. And in the center is a bright red heart that wasn't there before.

"You didn't know that was there?" Mingi laughs in disbelief.

"Mingi, this isn't funny!" She insists, her breathing picking up as she stares at her wrist. "I..I don't remember finding my soulmate!"

"That's tough." He deadpans, sarcasm evident in his tone.

"You're no help." Sooyoung huffs. "Just get out."

"Alright, alright, fine."

Mingi leaves, closing the door behind him. That leaves Sooyoung on her own to panic.

"Shit, shit, shit, what do I do.." She groans, putting her head in her hands.

Honestly, she doesn't even have the energy to deal with this right now. Her head is pounding and her body feels like someone has sucked the life out of her.

Sooyoung grabs her phone, ready to consult Ara for advice when she sees a couple unread texts from Jae.

Jae

sooyoung, im freaking out rn
i kinda need your advice on something

Delivered 8:42 am

sooyoung? you okay?

Delivered 12:17 pm

no, im not okay actually
i found my soulmate last night and i don't know who they are or how to find them

wait what??
oh my god..
this cannot be real right now.

what?

um.
i have something to tell you but pls don't freak out