Chapter 29

"Sooyoung, you made it!" Namjoon grins

"Yeah, you're just on time." Seokjin chuckles. "I sent Jimin downstairs to stall."

"Sorry, there was a lot of traffic." She smiles sheepishly as she enters the practice room. "Where's the cake?"

"I have it right here." Taehyung holds out the simple sheet cake in his hands. On it, Happy Birthday Jimin is written neatly in frosting.

"He's coming, he's coming!" Jungkook frantically whispers, scurrying into the room.

"Quick, light the candles!" Taehyung instructs.

Elisa hurries over with the lighter, setting the candles ablaze.

"Hyung I swear, there's no ice cream machine downstairs. I walked around like three times and I even asked the receptionist-"

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!" The group of them sing in unison when the birthday boy finally walks in.

"Oh my god. You guys.." Jimin groans, an embarrassed smile forming on his lips.

"Happy birthday, dear Jimin! Happy birthday to you!" They finish singing and then give him a round of applause.

By the end of it, Jimin's face is bright red. But he's also glowing with happiness.

"C'mon, make a wish!" Sooyoung urges.

"Okay, fine." He playfully rolls his eyes at her, stepping closer to the cake. He lets his eyes fall shut for a few moments, presumably making his wish.

Then he opens them, staring straight at Sooyoung while he blows the candles out.

Everyone cheers once again, congratulating the birthday boy on making it through another wonderful year.

"Happy birthday, baby." Sooyoung approaches him, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you. I mean it." His arms circle her waist, pulling her close.

She tilts her head at him, looking into his sparkling eyes. "What did you wish for?"

He gives her a sly smile. "If I tell you, it might not come true. And I can't have that."

She's not too sure what he means, but she doesn't ask. It's not like he would tell her anyway.

Not too long after, the group of them find themselves in a lounging area, each devouring a slice of cake.

"This was well deserved, I think." Jungkook mumbles through a mouthful of frosting.

"I agree." Yoongi chuckles. "Everyone deserves some cake every once in a while."

"Joonie, can you get me another slice please?" Iris pouts at her soulmate, who gives her a tired look in response. "What? I'm eating for two."

At the mention of their child, a gentle smile forms on Namjoon's lips. "Fine, I'll be back." He gives in, taking her plate and getting up.