Chapter 20

Sooyoung shrieks when she hears the voices of the two gangsters that are chasing her and Jaehyun

Sooyoung shrieks when she hears the voices of the two gangsters that are chasing her and Jaehyun. He quickly pulls her into an alley and presses their bodies against the wall, covering her mouth with his hand.

They stare into each other's eyes for a few tense moments until the voices fade into silence. "I think they're gone." Says Jaehyun in a hushed voice, letting his hand drop from her mouth.

"You swe-damn it. Wrong line." She groans, making Jaehyun chuckle.

"Cut! Let's start again from the street scene." The director calls out.

Today is just another day at work for Sooyoung. And although it's frustrating at times, like when she messes up her lines and has to start over, she wouldn't trade it for the world.

She gets back to her marked spot on set and then takes a few deep breaths. They are filming at an outside location instead of in a studio, so this scene is more challenging than the rest.

Also, it includes a bit more action than she's used to.

They already filmed the scene where Yeji and Dohun were spying on some gangsters rumored to have killed her father. Now's the part where they get caught and must run for their lives.

When the scene begins, Sooyoung starts running as fast as she can with Jaehyun by her side. They stop when they feel they are a safe enough distance away. But then the sound of angry voices makes her yelp in surprise, to which Jaehyun pulls her inside a dark alley.

Second time's the charm, right?

"I think they're gone." Jaehyun whispers, slowly removing his hand from her mouth.

"I was so scared." She says the right line this time and she can see the director give her a thumbs up out of the corner of her eye.

"I would never let anything happen to you."

"You swear?" She asks softly, looking up into his eyes.

"On the moon and all the stars." He smiles.

Then Jaehyun leans closer and Sooyoung follows his cue. But just as their lips touch, she flinches at the feeling of something wet landing on her head. Sooyoung looks up, and her face is instantly hit by cool raindrops.

By the sound of thunder that accompanies it, she can tell it's going to come down hard and fast.

"Everyone inside!"

She barely manages to duck under the awning of a building before it starts pouring. But it's a little too late, her hair is soaked and she can feel that her makeup has started to run.

"Sorry to say it, but this isn't a good look for you." Jaehyun teases as he leans up against the front of the building.

"Oh, shut it." She sends him a playful glare.