Chapter 28

"Hm, what should we get?" Ara hums, eyes bright as she looks up at the menu of the ice cream shop

"Hm, what should we get?" Ara hums, eyes bright as she looks up at the menu of the ice cream shop. "Ooh, do you wanna share a sundae?"

Sooyoung scrunches up her nose teasingly. "I don't know where your mouth has been recently, especially with that soulmate of yours."

"Yah, we haven't even kissed yet! We're still getting to know each other, you little-" Ara raises a threatening hand towards her best friend, which makes her laugh.

"Speaking of Jaehyun oppa, how's that going?"

"Well, it's only been a week but it's going smoothly so far." Ara replies, glancing down at the glass display of countless ice cream flavors. "He's super nice and he really knows how to make me laugh. The fact that we already got along before the whole soulmate thing is also a plus."

From the smug smile on her face, Sooyoung can tell her friend wants to say more but she's holding herself back. So she says it for her. "And he's very, very handsome."

Ara groans dramatically. "Oh my god, he's so hot it makes me wanna cry. I can't even look him in the eye sometimes."

"Welcome to my world." Sooyoung chuckles. "Having a hot soulmate is a struggle."

"Tell me about it." The dark haired woman rolls her eyes.

As they pick out their flavors and wait for their ice cream, Ara turns to her friend again. "Oh, by the way, how are you guys?" She asks, referring to Sooyoung and her soulmate. "Did anything exciting happen?"

Sooyoung purses her lips, placing a gentle hand on Ara's shoulder. "You're gonna want to sit down for this one, my friend."

She purposely kept her friend in the dark about Jimin's situation because of the horrible timing of everything. Ara had just found her soulmate at that point, which is overwhelming in itself. Sooyoung didn't want to add her problems into the mix.

And it seems like she made the right decision because by the time she's done relaying the whole story, Ara is pretty damn pissed. Not even the ice cream can cool her off.

"What the hell? I mean, he literally lied to your face! How hard is it to just be honest?" She gripes. "Don't tell me you forgave that asshole already."

Sooyoung clears her throat, looking down at the table.

"Sooyoung, come on!" Ara gives her a disappointed look.

"Ara, he made a mistake and he's trying his best to make things right again." She reasons. "What am I supposed to do, ignore him for a week and make both of us suffer?"

"No, but show him how much he fucked up." Her friend retorts. "If Jaehyun oppa did that, I would raise hell."

"Believe me, I know." Sooyoung lets out a heavy sigh. "We'll sit down and have a serious conversation when I see him tonight."