Chapter 4

There's an aspect of fame that Sooyoung never anticipated

There's an aspect of fame that Sooyoung never anticipated. It's something that she's experienced for only a few hours now but it's already extremely irritating. Paparazzi.

As soon as she left the house this morning, her house was bombarded with them. And the reason for it was something she didn't expect at all.

"Are you dating Jeong Jaehyun?"

"Is your costar your soulmate?"

"What's going on between you and Jaehyun?"

"Are you sleeping with Jaehyun?"

Sooyoung is so stunned by the questions that she can't even answer them. Instead, she fumbles with her keys to unlock her car. Then she drives away to the only place she can think of.

Cuddles N Coffee.

"What are you doing here?" Ara furrows her brows at her friend as she walks through the door.

"There's paparazzi everywhere outside my house and people think I'm dating Jaehyun and.." Sooyoung pauses to take a deep breath. "..I just need a quiet place to sit. Please."

"You can go to the back room." Ara says, noting how exhausted her friend looks. "You'll explain everything later?"

Sooyoung nods gratefully. "Yes, I promise. Thank you."

When she makes it to the back room where the supplies are, the first call she makes is to her manager.

"Can you please tell me what's going on?" Sooyoung asks exasperatedly.

"You went out for coffee with Jaehyun yesterday, right?" Haewon asks.

She thinks to herself, remembering that the two of them did in fact go out for coffee after they made another guest appearance on a talk show. She was going to go straight home but there was a coffee shop across the street and Jaehyun offered to buy her one, so she agreed.

"W-well yeah, but I didn't think.." She protests weakly.

"Sooyoung, my dear, your career is just starting to take off. People are going to do anything they can to tear you down."

The blonde woman groans, putting her head in her hands. She knows that some people date around before finding their soulmate. They even get married on rare occasions. But it's definitely seen as taboo, especially by the older generation.

Something like this could possibly ruin her.

"Here's what is going to happen. I'll call Minjun-ssi and arrange a meeting for the four of us in a discreet location. Then we can put our heads together and figure this out, okay?"

"Okay." Sooyoung mumbles, trying her best to hold back tears.

"I'll call you back soon."

After they say their goodbyes, Sooyoung hangs up the phone glumly. Is this how fame is? Everything is going well and then your whole world crashes down in less than twenty four hours?