Chapter 18

Ring, ring, ring

Ring, ring, ring..

Sooyoung stirs in her sleep at the sound of a phone ringing. She knows it's not hers, but she can't sleep with the noise.

Ring, ring, ring..

She lifts her head from the warm surface below her, groggily opening her eyes to see something unexpected. Skin.

Sooyoung scrambles to lift her upper body, getting a better view at what she now realizes is Jimin's bare chest. She yelps, instantly rolling off of him and onto the hard floor.

"Ow.." She winces, the fall causing her usual hangover migraine to kick in full force.

"What the hell.." She hears Jimin groan from next to her. A few moments later, the ringing finally stops. "..hello?"

Sooyoung manages to turn her body around so she can see him. He is sitting up on his elbows, his upper body facing the window as he talks to someone on the phone. "Wait, wait, slow down. Noona is what?"

"Oh my god!" He gasps. "Do the others know yet?"

Another pause.

"Congrats hyung, I'm so happy for you guys. Yeah, I'll see you later."

He hangs up, sitting up completely and stretching. That's when he notices Sooyoung beside him. "Oh, hey."

"Hey. Any idea how we ended up sleeping on the floor?" She yawns, sitting up as well. Her back is stiff and her head is still pounding.

"Nope, beats me." Jimin sighs, getting up off the floor and grabbing a couple items from the table. "But this could have something to do with it." He holds up two soju bottles and two shot glasses.

"Ah, makes sense." As Jimin heads to the kitchen, Sooyoung gets up and starts looking for her phone. "What time is it?"

"Uh, a little past nine."

"Shit, I have an interview in an hour." She curses. "And my head is killing me and I can't find my phone. Why did I drink so much.."

"Soo-yah." The actress turns around when she hears Jimin calling her name. He's standing in the doorway, an unreadable expression on his face. She half expects him to make fun of her once again for being such a lightweight, but she soon finds that she is wrong.

"You can get ready here so you're not late, just borrow some clothes from my closet. And I'll make you some coffee to get rid of that headache."

She nods gratefully, relief flowing through her. "Thank you."

Deciding that she will worry about her phone later, she scurries to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When she sees her reflection in the mirror, she winces. Sooyoung's blond hair is sticking up in all directions and her clothes are wrinkled. Sleeping on the floor is definitely not a good look for her.