Chapter 26

"Oh

"Oh. My. God." Ara's jaw drops when Sooyoung tells her about the development in her relationship. "So that's why you've been in such a great mood lately. You and Jimin have been getting down and dirty-"

"Could you be any louder?" Sooyoung hisses, glancing at the film crew that is milling around.

"Listen, having a healthy sex life with your soulmate is nothing to be ashamed of. Especially if that man is Park Jimin."

"Ara, my sex life is-"

"What about your sex life?"

Sooyoung's eyes widen comically when she sees Jaehyun approaching.

"It's very active and healthy, that's all." Her friend wiggles her eyebrows obnoxiously.

The actress nudges Ara in the side. "Yah!"

"Sooyoung, you've had a limp for the past two days. I'm not stupid." Jaehyun chuckles.

Her cheeks burn at her costar's suggestive words. "I'm not having this conversation with you guys right now."

"We're already having it, though." Ara points out.

"Sorry to interrupt, but you're needed in the dressing room, Sooyoung." All three of them are startled when Haewon comes over. "Your solo scene starts in fifteen."

"Okay, thanks." Sooyoung stands up, glaring daggers at her two friends the whole time. "Don't gossip about me while I'm gone."

"No promises." Jaehyun winks cheekily as he slides into the seat she was previously in, right next to Ara.

"Ugh, I hate both of you." She mumbles, stalking off towards her dressing room.

Ara and Jaehyun don't interact often but when they do, they get a real kick out of annoying her.

Even though her solo scene is only supposed to be ten minutes long, it takes  about an hour to film. So by the time she comes back, she half expects Ara to be gone. After all, she probably has better things to do besides sit on set all day.

Instead, Sooyoung comes back to find her best friend holding hands with Jaehyun on the couch.

"Uh, what's going on?" She pauses in her tracks, effectively gaining their attention.

They stare at her for a moment before turning to each other with the same sheepish grins on their faces. "Do you want to tell her?" Jaehyun asks softly, raising an eyebrow.

Ara nods. Then she takes a deep breath, looking her best friend in the eye. "We're soulmates."

Sooyoung blinks. And then she blinks again. "Wait, what?"

"Look." Ara grins, pushing their conjoined hands forward so her friend can see their wrists. And sure enough, both her and Jaehyun have bright red hearts on their skin.