Chapter 23

"Sooyoung? Can I talk to you for a moment?"

The actress turns around when her manager calls her name. She was just about to leave after a long day of filming.

She asks Mr. Choi to wait for her for a moment and then joins Haewon in the far corner of the room.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I just wanted to commend you on the quick turn around you've made the past few weeks. The public opinion of you was pretty negative at first, but now you're starting to win everyone over."

"Wait, really?" Sooyoung's eyebrows shoot up.

"Yes, there has been an increasing amount of positive, thoughtful feedback on both you and the show. And it's just in time, the producers were starting to get a little antsy."

"Antsy?" She tilts her head at Haewon. "What do you mean?"

"They were afraid that they might.." Haewon sighs, leaning in a bit closer. "..you know, pull some sponsorships from the show. Then we would have been in trouble."

Sooyoung freezes. "But they didn't..right?"

"No, no, no, we're in the clear!" Her manager reassures her with a wave of her hands. "But it was a concern at some point. I just want you to be careful, Sooyoung. Try to avoid any unnecessary drama."

"Okay, I understand." She nods.

"That's all for now. Go home and rest, okay? I'll see you tomorrow."

After Sooyoung is dismissed, she goes with Mr. Choi to his car. Then she gives him the address to the HYBE building instead of Jimin's apartment complex since he said practice is running late.

As Mr. Choi drives, the actress stares out the window and thinks about Haewon's words. Everything is going so well, the last thing she wants to do is mess it up.

____________

When she arrives at HYBE, Sooyoung is immediately let in by security. The staff knows who she is by now, even when she isn't with Jimin.

She heads straight upstairs to the practice room, pausing in the doorway when she sees that they are in the middle of a song. Sooyoung doesn't want to interrupt or distract them, so she just watches from where she is.

Black Swan is one of her favorites, and she knows Jimin loves it too because of the style of the choreography. It's similar to contemporary dance, which he studied and practiced for a very long time.

Sooyoung is always amazed when she watches him dance. His movements are so smooth and fluid that sometimes she has to wonder whether he has any bones in his body.

She waits until they finish and the choreographer has talked to them. After he leaves, she walks in. "Okay, I'm no expert, but that was really good!"

"Oh, hey stranger!" Hoseok smiles brightly when he sees her approaching.