Chapter 3

Jae

Jae

9:04 am

good morning soo-yah
what are you up to?

11:27 am

ahh sorry i just woke up

at almost noon? 🤨

well yeah
someone kept me up late last night 🙄

hm..i wonder who that could be..

idk, must've been a ghost

Sooyoung rolls her eyes at Jae's attempt to play coy. He kept her up late last night texting, which was a bit strange because Ara's the only other person she's done that with.

In just a little less than two weeks, this mysterious stranger has wiggled his way into her life. Even though they can't talk about his identity, they still find plenty of things to chat about. Like their favorite foods or their childhood or their hobbies.

She hasn't told anyone about it though, just out of worry of being judged. After all, she has no idea who this man is and is sharing so much information about herself. But it doesn't feel as weird as it should. No one would understand.

A yawn escapes her lips as she puts down her phone, finally getting out of bed. Then she completes her morning routine, putting on a cute flowery dress since it's warm outside.

She's supposed to meet Ara for brunch soon so after saying a quick good morning to her family, she heads out the door.

Sooyoung checks her phone for directions and then drives to the small diner Ara wanted to meet her at. Apparently it's a pretty well known eatery in Seoul because it just opened, she's surprised she's never been here before.

When she arrives, Ara is already waiting at a table.

"Must you be late for everything?" Her best friend gives her a pointed look.

"Sorry." Sooyoung smiles sheepishly, noticing there is already two menus on the table. "Look, they have pancakes! Don't you love pancakes?"

Ara is unable to hide her smile. "I do love pancakes."

"See? You can't stay mad at me." Sooyoung grins triumphantly, taking a seat across from her.

"And you're damn lucky." Ara snorts.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." She agrees, folding her arms on the table. "So how's work?"

Her best friend shrugs. "You know, same old stuff. I enjoy feeding the cats more than the customers, though."