Chapter 31 🔥

"This weather is so beautiful

"This weather is so beautiful." Sooyoung muses, strolling down the Los Angeles sidewalk with the other girls by her side. All four of them are soaking up some sun on their way to brunch.

"I know, I wish it was always like this in Korea." Skye sighs dramatically.

"This is the place, I think." Elisa says, stopping in front of a quaint looking cafe.

"Let's go in, I'm starving." Iris chuckles, leading the group inside.

They already made a reservation so it's not long before they are seated and looking at the menus.

"Ugh, I miss alcohol." She pouts, passing off the drink menu to Skye.

"It's okay, I'll drink enough for the both of us."

"I second that." Sooyoung giggles.

"Look at that pregnancy glow, though." Elisa pitches in. "I wish my skin looked like that."

"Oh, stop it." Iris rolls her eyes.

"It's true, you look stunning!" Skye gushes.

"You guys flatter me too much. C'mon, let's figure out what we're eating."

The girls try their best to stall, seeing as their waiting for Iris' friends and family to arrive at the stadium. But finally, as they finish up with their meals, Skye's phone dings.

She looks towards Elisa and Sooyoung, giving them both a discreet nod. It's go time.

"You guys are acting super weird, what's going on?" Iris raises an eyebrow at the three girls as they take an Uber back to the stadium.

Skye scoffs. "What are you talking about? There's absolutely nothing weird going on. It's not like we brought you here to-"

"Everything's fine, unnie." Sooyoung interrupts, suddenly getting the feeling that Skye isn't such a great liar. "We're just excited to be here, that's all."

The three women manage to keep everything under wraps until they arrive at their destination.

"Where do you think the guys are?" Iris hums as they step inside.

Elisa shrugs. "Probably on stage, getting ready for soundcheck."

Knowing that this is exactly where her friends and family are, the girls lead Iris out into the audience. They stand in the very front section, right behind the floor seats. And from here they can see how huge the stadium really is. Definitely fit for the size of the fanbase these men have, that's for sure.

The boys are milling around on stage, some of them singing along as the instrumentals to Airplane Pt. 2 play in the background.

Sooyoung waves her arms to catch their attention, at which point Namjoon calls out to the audio tech. "Cut the music for a second, please!"