↬ CHAPTER TEN :: one week ↫

Chapter 10 - One week

[ I've hidden memories in boxes inside my head before. Sometimes it's the only way to deal with things - Alice Feeney ]

__________________________________________________________________

"Jimin, wake up!" Taehyung patted Jimin face, worry filling his eyes.  They need to get away from here before the car explodes or both of them will die, but Jimin wasn't waking up, no matter what Taehyung did. Jimin didn't even show any movement or sign of waking up. Taehyung's worries were compounded by the fact that he was losing blood as he was shot in the leg, which made him feel dizzy.

The helplessness he felt made him feel pathetic. He promised himself that he would never feel as helpless as he had in the past. He's always had everything under control, but this appears to be out of his hands. He only had one mission: to keep Jimin safe from harm's way. He promised Mr.Park that he would do everything in his power to protect his son. He doubted himself for a moment, considering the situation they were in.

He immediately shook his head, refusing to give up now. He threw Jimin arms around his neck, slipped his one hand beneath Jimin's knees, another hand beneath his shoulder, and attempted to stand, lifting Jimin up in the bridal style. His face contorted in pain as the shot wound on his leg began to hurt like shit, and the dizziness began to wash over him all over again, but he managed to get back on his feet and adjust Jimin, who was limb on his arms.

He looked at the car, where the petrol were leaking, the smoke that was coming out of the car increased rapidly. Taehyung no longer squandered his time. He stumbled away from the car, struggling to hold Jimin on his arms, making sure not to drop him. He increased his phase, ignoring the stinging pain on his leg and his blurring vision just when the car exploded with the loud noise, the noise taking Taehyung by surprise, making him fall on his knees and he placed Jimin on the ground once again, his breath growing erratic. His ears felt as if it was stuffed with a cotton. 

He turned around to look at the burning car, the flames growing larger by the second, black smoke billowing from the raging fire. He covered his lips and muffled some coughs, and placed his hands on his chest and started rubbing it to calm himself down, that everything was fine now. The image kept flashing in his head, the memory and the loud noise shaking him to the core. He turned to look at Jimin, his eyes felt heavy, and his vision started becoming hazy.

He fell to the ground next to Jimin, not able to fight the dizziness anymore. His chest rose up and down as sweat bead started forming all over his face, his lips parted slightly. His face scrunched into pain as he came in and out of consciousness. The sound of sirens and someone calling his name is the last thing he heard before losing his consciousness.