↬ CHAPTER TWENTY TWO :: ice cream ↫

Chapter 22 - ice cream

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
We can talk here on the floor
On the phone, if you prefer
I'll be here until you're okay
Let your words release your pain
You and I will share the weight
Growing stronger day by day
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
__________________________________________________________________

"No." 

"Sweethea—" 

"No, no, no, no!" 

"Listen to me—" 

"I said NO!" Jimin shouted and Taehyung sighed softly, "I won't hold that thing."

"Just hold it and try it. You won't be scared anymore." Taehyung tried once again, but Jimin shook his head fiercely, "It's a gun— A FREAKING GUN!" Taehyung scratched his forehead, "You wanted me to teach you how to shoot because you wanted to know how to defend yourself incase something happens in future when I'm not with you, if I recall correctly. How'd you learn how to shoot if you are even scared to hold it?" 

"What if I. . . I miss it and end up shooting you?" 

"Well, I'll be dead then. It's obvious."

"Taehyung."

Jimin glared at him, "Stop. You are not helping things here." Taehyung chuckled slightly and took a step toward him, "Yeah, okay, I'm sorry. It's not like you're learning everything on your own; I'll be there to help you. It's not that difficult." 

"Easy for you to say because you are a police officer and may I add, you are an expert at it, but I'm not. I don't even know how to hold a gun. This is my first time, if you forgot. Like just imagine, if I miss it and shot you—

"You're not going to shoot me, sweetheart. Just believe me on this. . . you'll be an expert in no time." Jimin shook his head again, "Okay, fine, how about you shoot the center— not even the center, do you see the black circle?" Taehyung pointed to the outer black circle in the target and Jimin nodded his head, "If you shoot it there, I will take you out on an ice cream date, how does that sound?"

Jimin pondered about it for a while, before looking at Taehyung suspiciously, "You promise?" Taehyung smiled and nodded, "I promise." Jimin still looked at him suspiciously and Taehyung raised his eyebrows, "You still don't believe me? Want me to pinky promise you, then?" Jimin finally laughed slightly, "Didn't you call pinky promises as childish just last month?"

Taehyung shrugged, "They still are, but if you don't believe me there's no other way." 

"Fine, okay, I'll do it." 

Taehyung offered him a wide smile, which instantly melted Jimin's heart.

Taehyung loaded his gun and looked at Jimin, his face turning serious, "Listen here carefully, alright?" Jimin nodded his head as Taehyung brought his gun up, "While holding the gun, wrap your last three fingers that is—" Taehyung showed him his pinky, index and middle finger, "—your pinky finger, index finger and your middle finger around the base of the grip, just underneath the trigger guard." Taehyung wrapped it around the base of the gun grip as Jimin watched it keenly, "Also, you should hold it firmly or you may miss the target, but don't hold it in death grip, just firmly and after you are done with the shooting, always point your gun down, just for safety."