↬ CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN :: comfort ↫

Chapter 27 - Comfort

[ We break ourselves to fit better into all the wrong hearts - Laura Chouette ]

__________________________________________________________________

Taehyung sighed as he strolled through the corridor at 4:30 a.m. to get water from the kitchen. His crimson hair clung to him in a haphazard manner. He wrinkled his brows when he noticed the lights in Jimin's room were turned on, causing him to come to a halt in front of his door, but it wasn't the switched on lights at 4:30 that troubled him. No. What worried him was the sound of sniffles and sound of sobs coming from Jimin room.

The red-haired man frowned and looked at the door, debating whether to go in and check on him. A part of him wanted to run in and soothe the younger, but he's not particularly adept at consoling people. So, what if he ends up exacerbating the situation?

He was going to walk away, but he stopped as he couldn't walk away, the sobs he was hearing from inside made him feel a tug on his chest. 

He brought his hand to the doorknob, and considered whether he should walk in or not before forcing his thoughts aside. He didn't want Jimin to cry alone, so he pushed through the door, only to find Jimin curled up in the corner of the room, clutching his knees tight to his chest, his face buried between his knees. His body was wracked with painful sobbing. Taehyung's chest clenched just at the sight of it.

Jimin didn't seem to notice him. Taehyung closed the door without making a sound and made his way over to Jimin and crouched down. He raised his hand gingerly and placed it on Jimin's head, softly ruffling his hair, his worried eyes never leaving Jimin, "Hey. . ." He called out, his voice deep and low, yet gentle. Jimin raised his head from his knees, his sob reduced to a whimper, and gazed at Taehyung with wide eyes.

Jimin instantly wiped the tears that was cascading down his cheeks, "Taehyung. Did I wake you up. . .? I'm so—" he wasn't able to complete, as Taehyung placed his index finger on Jimin lips, "Sh, don't be sorry about crying, Jimin. You are a human as well," his soft gaze fell on Jimin tears, and he brought his hand to Jimin cheeks and gently started wiping the glass tears.  

He gently rose up, and Jimin's terrified eyes followed his every step, fearful that Taehyung might leave. He definitely didn't want to be alone. He wanted to hold Taehyung, and he wanted him to stay, but he didn't want to bother the elder any more than he already did. He expected Taehyung to turn around and walk away, but Taehyung instead offered a hand for Jimin to clasp.

"Come with me."

Jimin stared cautiously at Taehyung's hands before gazing up at Taehyung's worried eyes. Taehyung smiled at him, and Jimin noticed the tenderness in his eyes, which somehow calmed his aching heart, "You can trust me," Jimin swallowed and looked at Taehyung. He trusted Taehyung without a doubt, that's for sure, because for some reason Taehyung always made him feel safe.