↬ CHAPTER THIRTY :: scared ↫

Chapter 30 - Scared

Chapter 30 - Scared.

[ When we put our running shoes on and fight tooth and nail to hide from someone, it's because that's the person who really matters. That's the one person you fear will see what's inside you and cringe. You'd rather live with the not-knowing than to give it a chance - Rebel Farris ]

_______________________________________________________________________

Jimin groaned. He was having trouble with waking up as he felt pain on his whole body and  the annoying beeping noises didn't help either, and his throat felt dry. His lips parted as he exhaled a weak breath, an oxygen mask resting on his face. He gripped the bedsheets and his eyes fluttered open. 

As soon as he opened his eyes, he was greeted by binding white lights, exacerbating his headache. He clenched his eyelids, took a few long breaths, and blinked his eyes, attempting to acclimate them to their surroundings. He opened his eyes after that.

Where am I? This is clearly not my room.

Jimin's gaze raced across the room until it fell on Taehyung, who was staring out the window, his back facing Jimin, unaware that Jimin had awoken. Jimin weakly reached his hand out for Taehyung, trying to gain his attention and he even tried calling his name, but it came muffled due to the oxygen mask that was resting on his face.

He slowly reached out to his oxygen mask, and pulled it down. He inhaled a deep breath before looking at Taehyung. He swallowed his saliva, trying to wet his throat, but it was still dry. He wanted to drink water. He saw the water on the table, but whenever he tried to move his body, it started hurting. 

"Tae?"

His voice was raspy and dry, just above a whisper, but it caught the red-haired male's attention. Taehyung turned around, his eyes widening as he noticed Jimin's eyes open and gazing back at him. He exhaled softly, his gaze never leaving Jimin, relief spreading over his chest, and he felt like he could breathe again. He was so relieved that he didn't know he hadn't spoken anything for two minutes, but simply stood there staring at Jimin as if his life depended on it.

"Tae, are you okay? Can you breathe, please? You look like you stopped breathing." 

Jimin questioned worriedly when Taehyung didn't reply, which didn't quite reach Taehyung ears. He was just staring at Jimin, his eyes was brimming with tears, and he felt the urge to cry, but this time, it wasn't sad tears, but happy tears. Taehyung wasn't an emotional person, but right now he was actually feeling emotional. He wanted to hold Jimin and never let go. 

"You are seriously worrying me now." 

Taehyung's thoughts was blank except for the voice 'Jimin woke up,' which kept repeating in his brain. Nothing could describe how ecstatic he was right now. Taehyung never knew he liked Jimin this much until the accident. He was scared shitless that he will lose Jimin, and now he was right in front of him, looking right back at him, Taehyung didn't know how to  react. He was just so happy.