↬ CHAPTER THIRTY SIX :: move on ↫

Chapter 36 - move on

[ I didn't love you to seek revenge. I didn't love you out of loneliness or unhappiness. I didn't love you for any of the misguided reasons that time might convince you I did. I just loved you because you're you - Ranata Suzuki ]

__________________________________________________________________

He was smiling.

Never once have Taehyung thought that he would be all smiley one day. Never once have he ever thought he would be happy again one day. Never once have he ever thought that he would be able to sleep without getting nightmares. Never once have he ever thought that his chest would feel light. Never once have he ever thought he would open up to someone. Never once have he ever thought he would be able to let go of his past. 

A past he thought that ruined him forever. A past he thought he will never be able to forget. A past he struggled so hard to forget. He can't be blamed.  It was not an easy one for him to forget. He was tossed away, locked up, tortured, abused, passed out in the cold, and left completely alone. It depleted him to the point of no return.  It mentally drained him out to be happy. So he did what he believed was best for him: he turned down his emotions.

It was a hard task to do. He became into an emotionless, a cold person. He changed so much from his cheery self that he couldn't recognize himself. He was a stranger in his own body. Whenever he wished to go back to his old outgoing self, he couldn't because he forgot how to be so outgoing kid like he was once. He hated himself for that. Why did he let himself change? After all, it only made him even more miserable. 

Sometimes he used to wonder why he was always alone, but at the same time he knew it was his own fault. It was his own choice to push people away. No one can be helped except himself. No matter how unhappy he was, he always concealed it beneath his icy exterior. He convinced himself that this is who he truly was, despite the fact that it was far from the reality.

He'd never expected the person he was asked to save, to save him in return. He'd never expected the person to pull him out of the dark world he surrounded himself with and lead him to the light— as much as cliché it sounds. He never anticipated to look forward to another day merely because of a certain raven-haired man. He'd never anticipated that guy to transform his life into something lovely. 

He never did.

Everything happened unexpectedly in a very unexpected time, but Taehyung didn't care. He just didn't, he was happy— no, that would be an understatement, he was more than happy. Jimin was happy. He had Jimin by his side, and Jimin had Taehyung. They had each other. Taehyung wouldn't have it any other way.